Singing is My Life- Chpt. 9

(A/N: Sorry for making this one so short. I will be posting more either tonight or sometime this weekend. But since this one is so short i thought i should put up more than one chapter! Also since it has so many reads and fablous readers! :D)

Finn’s POV

            I look over at my phone, thinking about who to talk to this about. All the Glee members should know, but then I’d loose my reputation. Kurt knows but he is my brother and he kind of just got in the way. I dial a number.

“Mr. Shue?” I ask, my phone on speaker phone. While Mr. Shue says ‘hi’ and whatnot I hear a quiet breathing coming from the phone and its not his. I look down to my screen and it says Ray is still on call and has been for a long time.

“Crap!” I say looking at my phone. Ray had heard the whole conversation! I’d forgotten I was in the midst of talking to her and saying sorry when all this craziness started. I quickly hang up on Ray in a panic.

“Finn!” I hear Mr. Shue yell.

“Yeah?” I ask.

“Next time, don’t cuss and what’s the matter?” Mr. Shue says with concern.

I breath out, “You’re the teacher I look up to, yah know? Your totally the coolest and everything. I feel like I can talk to you about anything…”I say. I take another deep breath to steady my voice.

“Finn? Did you get Ray pregnant?” Mr. Shue asks.

“Oh! No! Not at all what I was going to say!” I say the panic coming back. I tell him the whole story. In the middle my voice cracks, I’ve never really opened up to someone like this before. Not even Puck, but that is for obvious reasons.

“Well,” Mr. Shue starts, “You just have to kind of let these things pan out. I mean, people in Glee won’t judge you. I don’t care if you don’t tell the whole school, but it you want to really be honest and be yourself people have to know your past.”

Once he’s done talking I see him, in my mind, leaning back and thinking he’s done all he can. He has, he has let me let everything go and it feels really good.

“Thanks Mr. Shue.” I say.

“I’m just glad you didn’t get anyone knocked up for real this time!” He says bringing it up again. He hands up and I feel pretty good until I see Rays name in my ‘Recent Calls’ list on my phone.

“What am I going to do about her?!?” I whisper to myself. I drop my phone onto my bed and rub my eyes. I drop my body onto the bed and I bounce, just a little. In the midst of wallowing in my misery I remember something someone said once.

“Singing always helps. Sing your emotions to the sky and God will listen.”

I look around my mess of a room, searching for my iPod. After a while of looking with no avail, I just pick up my dusty guitar from a corner in my room. I play it fairly well, at least well enough to write an acoustic song. I get some fly away sheet music and a notebook for lyrics.

I play some simple chords to get things started. I just play simple songs to warm up. I’m just randomly playing some chords when something sounds…right. I quickly write it down. Then I play some more that seems to fit together nicely. Soon enough I have the chords I want to use. I think up how fast the song is going to go and I put all the guitar together. I get up and walk over to my wimpy bookshelf. I pick up a broken folder overflowing with random lyrics I have thought up in the past, jut without a tune. I flip through them humming seeing which ones I wanna put in and how they will sound. Once I have got the lyrics down, I think I should add some piano in there. Rachel taught me how to play it a little when we were dating. I jog over to the music store a few blocks away and ask to use a piano. The owner, Mike, knows me and since there are no customers in the store right now he says sure. I go over to a keyboard and I start to play the same chords on the piano as I would on the guitar. I fiddle around with the music, and I find a perfect bass line for the song. I just play the melody for the treble line. It sounds good enough for Glee club tomorrow so I say my thanks and leave. As I leave the store there is a I notice a crowd of people watching me. They had all heard me writing the song and they loved it. In the back of the crowd is a tearful Ray.