Chapter 13: Selfless Act

I kneel to the ground breathing heavily.

"What are you doing?!" Rosetta says running over to me grunting at the pain the ground shoots through her feet. She grabs my arm trying to yank me up but I stay pressing my knees to the ground.

"I have to get him out." I say gently while pulling my arm back and pressing it to the ground.

"Your not strong enough right now Kore and you know that!" She yells at me.

"What are you talking about Rosetta?" Hades steps forward with one eyebrow raised in confusion.

"She is dying!" Rosetta yells while looking at them and pointing at me.

"Persephone, is this true?" Hades says stepping right next to me. I sit in defeat looking down at the ground.

"Yes." I say under my breath. He grabs my arm and pulls me up from the ground.

"You cant do this then." Hades says sternly while making direct eye contact with me.

"Its the only way." I say as tears well up in my eyes. I inhale sharply trying to calm down my racing heart.

"Your not doing this." He says in a plead.

"Dont do this. . ." He repeats hopelessly.

"I'm sorry. . ." I gently pull my arm back. I look at Gaia and nod my head while kneeling back on the ground. I feel my body begin to flicker in and out of conciousness while trying to connect with the planets life. Come on. . . I whisper to myself in my head. My body feels weak and my mind slowly begins to slip from me as I feel my magic slowly begin to pump through my blood.

Suddenly, everything seems so bright as I see veins going through the earth pumping as if it was a heart. I stand up looking around realizing everyone had dissapeared. Behind me comes a soft, gentle, and low voice.

"Hello Kore Persephone, goddess of Spring. It is my pleasure to meet you. I am Jupiter, god of the wind." I turn around to see a man with a gentle face.

"Jupiter. . . You have to get out of here!" I say weakly while falling to the ground. The veins through the earth flicker dark and light a few times. Jupiter shakes his head while gently sitting down next to me and looking up at a bright sun.

"Have you ever just watched the Earth grow?" He says while smiling and looking up. I shake my head gently looking at the side of his face. He turns his head making eye contact with me and gently brushes my hair out of my face. His hand presses against my cheek making my body feel light removing all the pain.

"W-what? How?" I question puzzled.

"Your right. . . I dont want Gaia to kill all living beings on Earth. . . I like to watch them grow and strive. They are really questionable creatures." I look at him listening intently.

"Before me and Gaia, there was little to no life across the universe. We slowly built the titans and animals. . . we built Earth together. Before I met her, it was just me. I dont know what the feeling is called. . . Sure, call it love but. . . its more. Its a mutual bond that makes me feel like a thin line shoots to both of our hearts pulling us together." He sighs heavily taking in a deep breath of the soft blossom air.

"Like how you feel with Hades." He states while smiling at me with squinting eyes.

"Wh-Wha-" I begin but he cuts me off.

"Destiny is of no such thing and is made by ones own wants and will to get what they want. I see your heart. Your hurting but you bury it putting everyone first." My eyes lay wide in astonishment as he tells me who I am getting every detail right.