Chapter 3: King Shmean

I pull Cronus up from his bow and shove Hades outside of the bars.

"Such, a, disrespectful, man." I say with each push until he grabs my hands and shoves them to my sides.

"Cronus, ill be back to talk with you later. Little princess, you are coming with me." He grips my wrist and drags me behind him. I look back at Cronus for help and he shakes his head.

"Just go, he isnt all that bad." He waves his hand at me then returns to his cell. I nod my head and yank my wrist from his grasp.

"I can walk myself." I say. He looks back at me with a smirk.

"Kinda surprising coming from a little stubborn princess." A scoff escapes from between my lips.

"I'm stubborn? Hah!" I hear a muffled chuckle come from Hades as we continue down the long dark path. We reach the exit and we walk right through the bars turning back to me. He covers his hand over one of the bars making them all dissapear for me to step through. Right after, he removes his hand making the bars shoot back from the floor to the ceiling. I turn around to see a three headed dog hovering over me snarling. Its eyes are filled with a blue fire and it drools from all mouths slowly. Its drool is a dark blue aglae looking color that glows.

It opens its mouth lunging forwards at me. Such a rude dog! I wouldnt blame it though, look at its owner. I stand still rolling my shoulders back staring at it dead in the eye fiercely. It stops an inch from my face with its mouth gaping open.

"CERBERUS!" Hades yells. I put my hand up telling him to be quiet then move to be in Cerberus view.

"You have foul breath, close your mouth and sit!" I yell loud enough for the dog to hear. Cerberus obligues and closes its mouth sitting down.

"Good boy! Now, down." He quickly drops to the floor laying down and places all three heads down whimpering.

"Good boy!" I say smiling. I rub the middle head snout making him thump his foot and the ground begins shaking.

"Wow, I guess stubborn listens to stubborn." Hades says smiling with his arms crossed.

"Uh-huh. Just like spoiled kings, dont listen to no one." I look back at him smirking and winking. It catches him off guard and a hurt face plays across his face. We then break out laughing gently before he clears his throat.

"Anyways, lets continue. Cerberus, you can go visit Cronus if you want." Cerberus licks my face before running through the bars down the halls. It seems Cerberus is lonely down here as well so Cronus keeps him company. . . I look around. There is a large gate to our left with skulls decorated all around it. Bones are on it lining up the sides.

"What is that. . .?" I ask Hades while staring up examining the large gate.

"The gate to the underworld, dont worry, those bones have been there for centuries." He says motioning towards the skulls.

"You mean they are real?" I say holding back stutters. He lets out a small chuckle before we continue our walk.

"I'm just messing with you little princess."

"What is with everyone calling me little princess?!" I say while grabbing his shoulder and yanking him back to look at me. He is a lot taller than me with broad shoulders. His deep black hair shines from the glowing water and his eyes are a deep dark blue that seems to spin in circles without ever stopping.

"You look the part." He chuckles out before continuing to walk down the narrow pathway. He really gets on my nerves. We walk up to the gate that leads to the underworld. He gently whispers something in another language I cant quite understand. He hops in a boat paying the man two golden coins. I heard about something like this. . . paying 2 coins to the man to pass into the underworld. The gate slowly opens up making a loud creaking sound. Hades holds out his hand helping me into the boat while it rocks gently in the water. I smack his hand away climbing in the boat alone. He whispers to the man draped in a black robe with no face. He begins to row the boat forwards through the gate and right behind us the gate begins to close.