Chapter 2

Dustin's P.O.V.

I'm pretty sure that I must've looked retarded repeatedly blinking. Sky asked me if Aiden could be his ring bearer in the biggest social event of the century. What was my brilliant response, "Huh?" Yes folks what a genius.

"I'll take care of everything. I'll make sure that Jake give's you my cell number and address because we'll need Aiden's measurements. Okay?" he says. I looked down at Aiden who currently had a death grip on my leg. He's severely shy. This would be good for him so I shook my head and agreed.

Sky was thrilled but Jacob, as always, looked very unhappy. They finally left and I was able to breath normal again. The few times I've had to directly deal with Jacob, my ability to speak falters. God, he's so hypnotizing. I don't think that Jacob has a clue just how appealing he is.

I walked Aiden to the livingroom and set him up in front of the television. "I'll be in the kitchen cleaning okay Kool Aid?", and he smiled and responded, "Okay Dust Master!" These are our pet names for each other.

I don't think that Jacob likes me very much. I think he keeps me around because I do a good job. I've only been cleaning his house for a little over three months. I can't lose this job.

It's just been Aiden and me for the past two years. Our mother had died when Aiden was one while we lived in a shelter. The fear of Aiden being taken away from me led me to take him and run. We've been running ever since.

When I look back at what I had to do to take care of Aiden, my stomach starts to cramp with disgust, pain. He's all the family I have left and I would do anything for him.

This job has been a blessing. I get to be in this quaint cottage style house alone cleaning. Although little does the owner know that today is not the first day Aiden has been with me. If I had to pay for daycare then we wouldn't eat. Funny how that works huh!

Another blessing is my car. Well I think I'm the only one who thinks of it as a blessing. It's pretty old and UGLY. It's an 88' Toyota Camry Wagon and I'm not quite sure what color it is so we'll go with rust since that's what it seems to sport most days. This is also where me and my little brother sleep.

What Jacob doesn't know is that we mostly clean up here in his home and I do feel bad for taking advantage. Most times we shower together so I'll only feel half guilty.

Winter months are a bit trickier. The money that feeds us willl sometimes have to go to cheap motel rooms so those times only Aiden eats. I don't like the winter so much. It's hard and there are times when I just want to give up and then, I look at Aiden and well...I can't let him go.