Chapter 19

Dustin's P.O.V.

I open my eyes and notice that daylight is just upon us. I glance over and notice that it is a little after 5 am. Then I also notice the beautiful man that is passed out on top of me and I remember the events of the past few hours.

My heart swells with such emotion as I stare over my man's sleeping face. God I am so hopelessly inlove with Jacob. The way he just loved me left no doubt. I cannot be without him.

I feel the tears of utter joy run down my cheeks as I take my hand and gently caress the side of his face. I giggle a bit when he snuggles his face into the palm of my hand while simultaneously hugging my body tighter with his.

He peeks through one eye at me, groans and then just smiles. He takes my breath away. Jacob whispers in my ear, "I love you more than life itself." I rub my cheek against his and turn slightly so I can reach those oxygen depleting lips of his. He moans deep within his throat as he returns my kiss with much enthusiasm.

He sighs with such conviction and then suddenly his eyes go wide. "What's wrong?", I question. He stares at me with complete shock and responds, "Did we, did-did I ... Oh God, we ummm..." "Baby, not only did you make love to me but it was the single most amazing experience of my entire life. There is no way I could ever be with anyone else because you, my love, have ruined me for all other men.", I say to him and he begins to laugh and it sounds so wonderful to hear him this happy.

He is genuinely trully happy. He looks over at me and says, "You know what today is?" To which I respond, "Your best friend is getting hitched today!" Now he is just cracking the hell up. This new Jacob will take some getting used too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to admit it. I am quite drunk. I am sitting down at the table just looking around at this insanely large and extravagant setting. Sky and Jeff are hitched. The ceremony was so breathtaking. The emotions coming from the grooms as they said their vows affected almost all dry eyes. Aiden did so well and has quickly become the center of attention. Sky loves it. He says that is the only man allowed to upstage him at his own wedding.

Jacob is no where to be found at the moment. I hear a throat clearing and look up to find Jeff ready to probably say some words of love for his husband and to thank everyone for coming.

You know, I thought that Jacob was done shocking me but I soon learned I was mistaken.

Then Jeff says, "My best friend, brother and most trusted confidant just informed me of what my and my husband's wedding gift will be. I could not be happier so Jacob present us with your gift."

Maybe it was the drinks working like blinders but it wasn't until I turned my head slightly and noticed Jacob on one knee on the floor in front of me.

Suddenly everything stops. Noise, ability to breath, and my sight. Then Jacob speaks, "The poet Sarah Knowles Bolton wrote a poem called 'Because I love You' and when thinking of my love for you the last two stanzes stand out."

Jacob is looking directly into my eyes and I am having the hardest time breathing. Then he continues, "Only myself, my all, I bring; But count it, sweet, a precious thing To give my life an offering, Because I love you."

At this point I am a broken font. The tears of absolute joy just pour down my face yet he continues, "I bow before no other shrine. If I go first across death's line, I will return to claim you mine, Because I love you."

I look down at this beautiful man who has suffered so much and yet so ready to be unconditionally loved. There are tears falling from his eyes as he pulls the box from his tux and presents me with it and says the words that seal my fate forever.

Jacob says, "I am already the happiest man alive but Dustin, my life would be complete if you would agree to marry me."

I don't know how I was able to respond but through the choking sobs I say, "You don't have to ask because I already belong to you but just incase you need to hear it, YES!" Then the crowd goes wild with cheers and happiness.