Before she knew it he had pushed her up against the wall and he put his hands on the sides of her face so she couldn't go anywhere. But they both knew she could get away with ease, but she chose to not do anything.

She let him have his moment. And she might or might not have liked the closeness by being pressed up against the wall by him.

And the smirk that made its way onto her face told him that his actions were very dangerous but he didn't care about the consequences.

But a part of her just wanted him...closer.

And she knew from that moment on, her plans to stay away...was fucked.

"Why do you fight all of them? You are going to die," he grumbled. She just smirked.

"Are you worried about me Mr. Black?" she teased. Luca's jaw ticked at the lack of regard for herself.

"No weapons, and 40 to 60 people to fight all at once. Any sane person would be...doubtful of your survival..." he retorted, trying to avoid the word 'worried'.

"If I die then I die. It's bound to happen at some point," she monotoned. Luca scoffed and looked in her emotionless eyes for something.

Anything.

"That's a horrible mentality," he scoffed. She rolled her eyes and got out of the cage that he made with his arms.

"Well, I'm a horrible person," she winked as she put on her black leather jacket and looked at the time.

"You're a woman of many mysteries Midnight," he frowned. She flung her jet-black hair behind her and looked back at Luca. Her fair skin illuminated in the moonlight and her ink eyes stared into his soul.

"It would be no fun if there wasn't at least a little mystery," she smirked, her voice empty and threatening as normal. That smirk was just lethal as his. Maybe even more so.

His eyes lit up as his lip curved upwards in mischief.

"How about we change that" he suggested as his eyes sparked with a fire that wouldn't burn out.

"I suggest that you quit whatever your thinking," she hinted mockingly, knowing that nothing good could come from this.

"I get to ask you one question a day for the next 3 weeks," he smirked.

"And what's in it for me?" she asked as she eyed him up and down.

"I have to follow every command you give me for these next 3 weeks," he claimed. Midnight rolled her eyes yet again.

"Hmm...having the Don under my control for 21 days...I can't tell if there is some sort of loophole..." she smirked as she circled him slowly.

"There isn't. I get to ask my question now," he spoke as he stopped her movements by slowly taking her against the wall once again, their minty breaths mingling together.

"You are playing a dangerous game," she scowled playfully.

"What's a game without a little danger?" he retorted with mischief in his steel-gray eyes.

"A safe one," she deadpanned. He rolled his eyes and inched his face closer to hers, making her stop any movements of hers to avoid the compulsion of touching him back.

"You're one to talk about safety," he argued.

"Fair point. What's the question," she monotoned, needing him to back away or her knees would buckle.

His face hardened. Asking if she was the King was too straightforward. But the question was consuming him little by little. Was he crazy for even considering the idea that the King might be her? That she is the right and the King?

It wouldn't be completely absurd to think though. If she made everyone think she was a man, then the King could be doing the same thing. And as he said before, only a woman could achieve the kind of world peace the King has gotten.

The King had to be a woman.

But was it her?

"What's your relationship with the King?" he asked. She smirked slightly as her eyes continued to not reveal anything.

"We're...close," she responded. He fisted his hands against the wall behind her as his face hardened.

What was that supposed to mean? Close as in the same person, or close as in romantically close?

"That doesn't answer the question," he growled. She looked him up and down once again, her mouth opening to respond.

"Does that bother you, Mr. Black?" she smirked as her head tilted to the side, observing his reaction. Almost looking through his soul and seeing all of his faults. His eyes grew darker, the storm within them brewing faster.

"How-" he started before she cut him off by slickly getting out of his hold, not allowing him to finish his sentence.

"Only one question a day Mr. Black," she hummed as she began to walk to the elevator.

"See you around," she mumbled as the elevator doors closed. Her voice was smoky yet teasing.

"I hope you will," he whispered to himself as he watched her leave and the elevator doors close in on her.

She knew what game he was playing at...and she had to admit that it was a good one.

She was just going to play along with his plans until she had the opportunity to strike.

People lied to her left and right and just like that...she forgot how to trust.

She didn't know how.

But he was going to show her again.

~

(A/N):

How do you like the book so far?

Let me know your opinions and anything I can improve on in the comments!

I love you all and don't forget to vote and comment!