You're Safe Now

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It's been forever since i updated but i'm gonna try to do it more often now :) Love you all

/Jaycee's POV\

He wouldn't seriously try anything right now. We're in a freakin hospital for crying out loud. The second he realized I saw him, he returned the newspaper to cover his face. I instantly clung to Luke. He kinda just thought I was happy to see him, and it was but it was more of a "holy shit I'm scared out of my mind" thing.

I looked around at everybody as we were walking to Ashton's car. Berkeley and Ashton were talking and laughing hands intertwined with not a care in the world besides each other. Looking up into Luke's ocean blue eyes I could tell he was looking at them too.

"One day that'll be us J. One day" he pulled me tighter and glanced over at Calum who was walking behind us. He shrugged and smiled.

"We should get him a girlfriend. Cause Ash and Berk, you have me, Michael has himself?"

"Jace, you meddling in his life isn't gonna take his mind off it. Besides he hasn't moved on from this one girl he used to like."

"Do you know what happened?"

"She changed schools or something. Kinda like you but for different reasons obviously."

"Do you know anything about her? Like her name for example"

"You're gonna have to ask Cal about that one"  

"Somehow I don't think getting him a girlfriend will make him forget about this." I turned my head to see a sulking Calum following close behind.

"You okay Jace?" Luke asked snaking his arm around my waist. 

"Yeah, I'm fine...let's just get out of here ok"

"Already ahead of you" Luke chuckled leading the way out and following Ashton to his car.

Cal followed slowly behind and if it wasn't already apparent, something was bugging the crap out of him. 

"Uh Luke go on ahead I need to talk to Cal" 

"Jace....nothing's gonna make him forget."

"You guys will never be the same if he doesn't" 

"You can't just forget something like that"

"Can't is not in Calum's vocabulary. Just go, I'll be quick"

"Alright" he kissed my head and got into Ashton's car. Calum was about 10 feet away and I walked the short distance to him. 

"J....I....I can't"

"I know you can't forget. It's going to take a lot of time to recover from this. If anyone knows more about trying to forget something it's me."

"No...Not that."

"What do you mean?"

"He's gonna kill me unless I kill Luke" 

"What."

"Look." He pulled out his phone and opened to a recent text message he had reviewed. 

"RA: kill him or I kill you"

"Calum what is going on? I understand the whole initial goal here but why is trying to kill you! You are helping him!"

"Well Luke's not dead and obviously the whole stage your death thing didn't work. He knows your still

alive and...and..." Calum reached into his back pocket and retrieved a small gun. My eyes went wide and I took a few steps back 

"Please think about what you're going to do. Please."

"I can't do it any more Jace. I can't" he pulled the gun to his head and began to pull the trigger.

"CALUM STOP!!!" I yelled. Before I knew it two seems wrapped about me and pulled me to the ground. Before I hit the ground I saw Ashton's hair fly by and a shot was heard. Luke began to pull my closer and comfort me as tears began to fall. 

"Jace....Jace it's ok it's ok. "

"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? YOUR BEST FRIEND JUST KILLED HIMSELF" I said through short breaths. 

"No he didn't. Look" he released me and turned to see Calum sitting perfectly safe with Ashton. 

Both of them were unharmed. How is this even possible if he shot that gun? I quickly got up and walked to Calum.

"What the fuck just happened" 

"He's gone Jace, he's gone" 

"Who's gone?"

"Addams. We got em"

"You are making no sense. He's not even......" I then remembered I had seen him walking out of the hospital. "He was here....but how did you" 

"I had talked to him previously today. He was planning an attack on Berkeley today but I suggested he go alone. I knew exactly when and where he would be, so I asked Ashton to help me with this counter plan. I'm assuming it worked because look" Calum pointed to the front of the hospital where several people from hospital staff where caring to a bloody body. 

"YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO GET ARRESTED! YOU JUST SHOT A MAN"

"We already have this all figured out Jace" Ashton pulled a badge from his pocket as well as Calum did. The badge stated that they were both Temporary Special Force Agents, meaning that if someone was in extreme danger or attack, they had full right to use force of the perpetrator. 

"But this is only temporary. What does that even mean....like only a week or like what the fuck is happening?"

"We are in training. This is to not only protect you but other people who are in the same situation." Calum smiled

"If the gun shot didn't kill him, we have enough evidence now to arrest him for countless things. All the evidence we need is your testimony and Calum's phone."Ashton engulfed me into a hug "You're safe now."

"Wow Ash I had no idea.........where are Berk and Luke" I looked around and they were nowhere to be seen. 

"They were part of this plan too. We didn't tell you because we didn't want you to freak out. Luke, Mike, and Berk are all at the restaurant." Calum announced. "We're just going to take my car there" 

"Alright. Let's go."

Walking to Calum's car, Ashton put his arm around my shoulder and just kept repeating "You're safe now. You're safe now. You're safe now" 

a/n If you wouldn't mind please go check out my youtube! My channel is "maceyklipp" THANK YOU XXXX