I Want Other People To Know

I looked at Luke in absolute horror. His eyes were blank and Ashton looked like he was about to kill him.

“Jaycee I-I- swear I had no idea”

“No…no it’s okay…how would you know” my vision started to get foggy and I held back the tears. So much crying today I just feel like I can’t cry anymore.

“If I knew I would have – “

“Luke it’s okay. You didn’t do anything I just –“

“No Jaycee. You can’t trust him like I said before.” Ashton interrupted

“Luke can you give us a minute?”

“Yeah of course” He turned and walked over to his car

Ashton didn’t say anything.

“Ashton why.”

“You needed to know”

“Honestly I could have lived my entire life without knowing that. On second thought why do you know that?”

“Hardcore internet lurking”

“YOU STALKED HIM!”

“Jaycee I had to! This guy is ruining your life and he’s indirectly related to Luke. I love Luke like a brother but he’s acting like he didn’t know who Mr. Addams was.”

“Because maybe he fucking didn’t! Addams is a very common last name, like how many do you think there are in this city let alone this country? Yeah it made sense cause you looked it up but why are you taking this out on Luke? He just said he met him once ONCE and you have the nerve to say he knew all along.”

“I –I –I was just trying to help you”

“I know Ash. Thank you but like you said Luke is not even directly related to him. Yeah they have the same mum but a different dad and completely different families now. Do you even know how they’re related? They are practically strangers.”

“I know, you’re right. I’m sorry I just don’t want you to get hurt”

“Thank you and I really do mean it”

“I guess I should apologize to Luke now” He scratched the back of his head and put both hands in his pockets.

“LUKEEEEE!” I yelled and he turned around startled

“WHATTTT?”

“COME HERE!”

He walked over and stood at the edge of the grass

“I’m sorry mate” Ashton looked up at him