It's Going To Be Okay

(A/N I totally messed up her age in the last Chapter: / she was 13 when all of this happened. Sorry for the confusion)

That summer passed by very slowly. I barley left my room the entire time. One day I had decided to go for a walk to the park near my house. I started the journey and upon arriving I took a seat on the bench under a large tree. I must have been there for quite some time because a girl around my age came up to me and asked “Hey are you okay? You’ve just been sitting here for a few hours” this took me out of my thoughts.  I replied with “What? Oh...yeah I’m fine thanks”. She smiled and sat down next to me.  Something about her made me feel like I could be super comfortable around her.

“I’m Berkeley” she finally said after a while

“Jaycee”

“So don’t take this the wrong way but something seems off about you. Did you just go through a breakup or something?”

“Umm…no I just needed to get out of my house. I’ve kinda been there since summer started”

“Oh okay. Yeah I come here to think sometimes too, the park gives me that feeling of safety and secures”

I had only just met this girl but the fact that she had the same mindset as me told me we were gonna be friends.

We ended up talking for a few hours when my phone beeped from my pocket. I took it out and looked at the screen. A new text.

“Ashtron J : I’m home and you are not. There’s a problem here”

I completely forgot Ashton was coming home today! He went on some road trip for a few months. He did a lot of traveling and was never really there when I was growing up.

“Hey Berk?”

“Yeah?”

“So…my brothers home for the first time in forever right now. Do you wanna come over?”