Chapter-8

Rachel's POV

This day is so frustrating but Jack's right. I cannot be a horrible boss just because I am having a bad day. They don't deserve this. That's why I went to Amelia's room to say sorry in a subtle way, I felt bad the way I talked to her. Then in the office I was thinking of saying sorry to Jack too. I was also wondering if I should go to his office or wait for him to come here. At last, I was standing at his office door, admiring him or his cute tushie. No, no, Rach what the hell are you doing? Why am I even doing this? I have no idea. He then turned and was shocked to see me here, I was thinking not to say anything and let it go, but I was feeling bad that I behaved like I did. Therefore I was here, standing at his office doorstep. I was also having a hard time, about how to apologise, oh, no I am very egoistic too. Let's just say it.

"Jack.. Oh, God it's so difficult. I umm.. I am sorry for my behavior in the morning. Please forgive me." That sounded fine. Phew I did it. Not bad for day 2. Some good start you are having Rach. God I feel like crying. Why can't I take vacation and have fun at beach with friends, Oh, right I have to handle the company!

Jack was just staring at me, not saying a word. Why is he not saying anything? Like it's alright or you don't have to apologise or anything. I am feeling stupid to put myself out. I really should not have said anything, and let him think that I am a horrible boss.

Amelia's reaction was far better to my apology compared to Jack's. She was all sweet and overwhelmed. Such a sweetheart, as compared to this arrogant man standing right in front of me. God damnit! Just say something! I thought of further explaining.

"It's just that I was so down from the meeting with that Ms. Greene bitch that I just lashed out on everyone." I should not have said bitch, so unprofessional of me. Well I can't take my words back.

"Why is she a bitch?" Oops! Jack is learning my language, or he know these things far better than me.

"I don't know where to start..... it's like cascade of bad events in her office."

"Did she not like the presentation?? But it was a good presentation, honestly."

"Oh, Jack she never saw my presentation, she did not even asked me to have a seat in her office. You have no idea what she asked of me."

"Did she ask you to sleep with her?"

"Oh, my god! Jack you guessed it right. Only it was not me she wants to sleep with, but my brother. That's horrible. Why is she even a fan of Rick is beyond my understanding." Jack looked amused at that and a little bit shocked, stunned and angered. I think I am doing this again, reading too much into his expression.

"I was kidding, Rick's good."

"So, she did not ask of your brother to sleep with her?"

"No, only the part when I said Rick's not good was joke, Rest is true. She did ask to sleep with my brother in a subtle way. But I was not born yesterday."

"She said that Rick hurt her so much in the past and left her alone for some other girl and how she wishes that Ascot Empire fall apart, and this is just the start if I did not cooperate with her blah blah blah blah. And also she is ready to give me as much money as I want if she could have Rick."

"Why don't you fix your brother with her, what's the loss?"

"No way, that's gonna happen, I did not like her and also, she thinks that she is the queen of the world. Who made her queen of the world? And also....... I might have said while leaving her office that she is totally a opportunistic bitch and a lot of other things. So, there is no option of going back to her. EVER. Now I am just not in the mood to look for another investor. I am looking for other ways." Jack's expression was oh, how do I describe it? oh, that of...that of a plain sheet! COMPLETELY BLANK! It's so difficult to tell what's in his mind. Why do I want to know what's in his mind? It is none of my concern. This is my company and his opinion doesn't and shouldn't matter. Right???? Oh, well I have decided to not meet another investor for a really really long time or........a month. Let's do some brainstorming and........ I don't know..... I just have to think something on my own.