Chapter - 20

Rachel's POV

"Jack…. I don't know….I... I think you are a great guy... I mean I don't know you that well but it just feels like there is something, I don't know……."

"Rachel I don't know you that well either but I too feel for you."

"You do, Oh I just thought it's me."

"What do you mean by that, I don't feel anything."

"Well with your stoic face it's kind of hard to understand, I am not a mind reader."

"So.."

"Well I do……….Sorry that's my reminder for the meeting."

"I thought Amelia is supposed to remind you of meeting."

"She does. But not anymore, besides Jack it's not like if she doesn't remind me then I will forget about my meetings, I have them lined up in my  scheduler. I am not totally dependent on my assistant…. assistants. But technically assistant because you are not here. Why are you looking at me like that, like you are accusing me of something."

"I am not looking at you in any way."

"Liar."

"You havehas two assistants."

"Had. See, I knew it. You do think that I am totally dependent on assistants."

"Well.."

"You are so presumptuous and oh judgemental too."

"I….."

"Save it, I have a meeting and you are my assistant coz Amelia is out. Chop chop now. Laters."

"Ok."

Athough he is speaking in English but I cannot understand a word? It's like I can see his lips moving, his voice falling on my ears but I cannot process anything in my mind. My mind is all over the place. What do I really want? Do I really want Jack? Do I want to marry Richard? Can I become lesbian and go with Amelia? No last one is a bit far fetched. I have a lot of work with fashion shows.I have to choose the theme of decoration….. That's a lot of thoughts.

"So what do you think? What's your take?"

"I need to look over some things. I need time." Time to look at everything which I missed while thinking about making life decisions. What the hell am I doing? Wasting time. I need to take control of everything.

"Alright. Let me know."

"Ok then, I will let you know."

"Jack did you listen to any of it."

"Yes, he just was …"

"Ok good, you will help me with what to do, ok. I know what you are thinking, that I am too dependent on assistants, not true ok. It's all because of you ok."

"What did I do?"

"Everything."

"Rachel you need to tell me what you think, you need to decide what's your take, not just about me but everything."

"Aren't you too smart."

"You are too, just a bit confused."

"Jack…..You are too good." To be true. I keep having second thoughts about Jack. What if he is insider of Allena. What if he have some ulterior motive.

"You know, there is a lot of work, so how about you assist me, then we can talk ok."

"Let's get the work done."