Chapter-6

Jack's POV 

I have been waiting for 15 minutes in my new office at Ascot signature. It's no wonder that the boss will be late as it's her first day so might take some time to meet and greet people. 

Also the person from HR department who showed me to the office said that I might have to wait for the boss's arrival and introduced me to Ms. Amelia Waters another assistant to the boss. Seriously this girl is living a high life having two assistants working under her. It really is not surprising that she is pampered too much by her family.

From school times I have seen Rachel getting everything she ever wanted. But it's not her fault that she is getting everything, she is just lucky but at the same time I also know that she deserved everything too. She was not the cheerleader kind of girl or the girl with bitchy attitude, she was the girl I admired from afar. In high school when I saw her for the first time I felt some kind of connection with her. Then later I got to know that she is two years my junior. I just used to look at her in the hallways or in the playground or at various club meetings but I never had courage to talk to her. She was also very reserved-kind and hardly ever talked to new people and mostly kept to herself but I know that people with whom she is comfortable with knows her wildside too. In high school I was a straight A student but kind of nerd and moma's boy. Yeah I used to put a lot of oil in my hair and used to wear spects, maybe that's one of the reasons I never got her attention, she used to date the guys who looked good. I played basketball for a very small period of time just in the hopes that if Rachel will be cheerleader as she is very beautiful and might be interested in cheerleading then may be I could talk to her or get to see her but it was all useless as she was not interested in all this and I also left the school team though my friends advised me to play that I could play well if I practiced but I had no interest in basketball. I was kind of obsessed with her so I might have scared her high school boyfriends, clearly that was not a thing I wanted to do but couldn't help myself and may be taking my frustrations on them as I was also going through a tough time in my life due to my mother's death by heart attack. 

I loved my mother dearly, she really cared for me and my sister a lot, unlike dad, who was all about money. I lived a high life as my Dad was a stock market broker in a very famous firm. He used to do all kind of stuff along with living high life, from smoking weed to cheating on mom with hookers. My mom got to know about his cheating when I just entered high school, she really tried to talk my dad out of all kind of shitty things he did. But he never took her seriously and he was the reason for her depression but still my mom didn't  give up for her children's sake. She loved me and my sister Janine so much, always tried to be happy when from inside she was completely shattered. She tried to help dad with his drug addiction because she loved him so much but my Dad never gave up on drugs, and then he started to cheat on mom, she tried to keep strong face for her kids specially Janine as she was still so little, but I could see that her health was deteriorating every day. I was so angry with my dad that once I punched him really hard, because of him, mom has to go through all hardships and sometimes I screamed at him why he didn't give up all this.

I also used to wonder why mom never left dad, she was independent, might not be able to give us a high end life but still a good life, but I heard mom once, while she was fighting with my dad "I still love you and also want to give a happy life to the kids, affectionate family filled with so much love" at that time it seemed that Dad might stop taking drugs and stop cheating on mom but it all lasted for a week then he was back to his shit, I understood why mom never left dad. But she should have left him to rot. Too much kindness could kill you. I used to reassure my mom that I love her so much and I will take her away from all this but never got the chance because one day I came from school and got the news of my mother's death due to heart attack. I was so mad at my Father that I punched him to pulp and he didn't resist. In all this, my studies affected severely, I didn't pay much attention to classes and my grades were going down. While I was going through my mother's loss in life I once got the chance to talk to Rachel, I was drinking alcohol like there is no tomorrow and I was almost about to hit the car when someone pulled me to a safe spot and that someone was Rachel. She asked "Are you crazy or just high? Look at the both sides before crossing the road." and then muttered "What a crazy guy!" more like only she talked or scolded me but she unknowingly saved me and then went away, then I saw my sister and thought it was just my imagination but my sister was really there to take me back home, she said all crying "Jackie I was so worried where you'd go without telling me and I have been looking for you for an hour now, dad's also looking for you Jack, let's go home." And I realised I cannot be like this all careless, I have to live at least for Janine's sake, she is so young and innocent I have to protect her and give her all the love in this world. My mom's death was an eye opener for my father, he then tried to quit drugs and started taking care of me and my sister. But we never talked to him no matter what he did. He was also depressed due to mom's death but there is no point in quitting his shit now, mom's gone because of him. 

Then my Dad left his job at the firm as he got the news of company's frauds and money laundering issues, it was just a few days until the company is floating before it's complete disemblishment. He was having hard time getting another job and I never bothered to talk to him, then he had a stroke too and then died. I didn't cry for him but felt bad for him, he really was so engrossed with money power and then lack of it which resulted in his demise.

Then mom's brother, Uncle Owen took care of us, he loved us very much. He did not have kids of his own and his wife died at a very young age so he was lonely but then we filled each other's void in life. We got a father figure and he got to have kids. I took admission in community college as there was no other option due to my low grades and pursued business management and saved my mom and dad's money for Janine's college and everything she will ever need, it wasn't too much but enough to get her through the college and a few years of survival. 

During my college days I would sometimes just go near Rachel's house or should I say Mansion? Just to get a look of her beautiful face. The face that always comes to my mind, the face I was so crazed about in high school or the face who saved me, she was the one who pulled me out of danger that night. Everytime I felt like giving up I see my sister's face and one more face that stops me everytime to quit and that face was Rachel's. I want to do something in my life so that I can have her. I know it's crazy that someone's whole life is about a girl he never talked to but I can't help it, I am that crazy about her.

I have to work hard to give my sister and uncle a life they deserve. And also to have Rachel in my life. Once the college was over I took a job in law firm in finance department, everything was going just fine but I did not find much interest in this job,  after just two months I left that job and took job as a broker in one of the best company in the Wall's street and again started living a high end life but at the same time started to take drugs. Once, in one of the party I was just having fun and drinking shots when a beautiful girl much younger than me came to me and started seducing me and I was about to get seduced but suddenly my mom's face came to my mind and I realised that I was hurting my mom by doing drugs and now hookers, no offense to them but my mom's life was destroyed because of all this, this all is just a reminder of my mom's death. I ran away from all that, scared that somewhere I was becoming like my dad. I don't want to be like him. I gave up that job too. I didn't go for another job search for about 6 months, I just spent all that time with my sister and uncle taking care of them. As I earned a lot money from my previous job so I didn't care much for finances. But still Rachel was on my mind and started looking for any job that might keep me occupied, that's when I got to know that Rachel is taking over the family fashion brand and just in hopes to see her again I applied to T assistant company as I knew that they have collaboration with Ascot's so I was hoping I could get a job in her company. From T assistant company I was recommended to a number of companies including Rachel's but I denied or gave bad interviews on purpose, then finally after putting a lot of efforts I got the assistant job in her company, salary was not much but that was okay for now, at least I get to see her, at times I thought I really am becoming crazy for Rachel, she doesn't even know about my existence. But now it's time I make my presence in her life. I have to give it a try. I have to have her. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts when the lift doors opened and my boss entered in the hallway. And man she looked so hot. Rachel and her dad made their way to us……… 

************************************

Author's note

Hey! Cutie patoties 😊

That was Inside Jack's mind. So what do ya'll think ?????

Vote and comment for  Ordering JACK around.

Love, CamphorLover ❤️.