Chapter 5

Rachel's POV

I went down the stairs and joined my family for dinner. Mom was talking to Angie, must be enquiring about the test. Although there is no need for all that as Angie is straight A student, she is goody two shoes of Ascot siblings. Maybe that's why mom is more concerned about her.

I took my seat beside Angie, she said in low voice to me  "You will tell me everything about your first day as big shot CEO"

I gave her a small smile. Yeah right Big Shot CEO. Sighing internally.

Rick was not here so I gathered he must be busy with some work or something else or may someone else (Wink wink).

So I sneakily texted Rick where was he and not on the dinner table.

He texted immediately "Don't tell Mom and Dad, I am on a date."

"Shame on you, texting while on a date."

"If I don't text then you would have said, shame you don't have time for your own sister, what if it was an emergency."

Rick knows me too well, I don't need a reason to pull his leg, I just do it.

"Alright but still why are you texting, is your date a total bore, or are they texting too?"

"No, not at all, but he is in the washroom, otherwise I won't be texting you😛.  Alright he is back, ttyl." 

Oh did I mention Rick is bisexual, so lucky have a wide range of options to choose from.

"Enjoy Rick."

So that's how dinner ended. Oh wait it's not. Mom was glaring at me. I looked at her with my innocent eyes  "What? I ate all the veggies, even the ones I don't like." Yup she is typical mom who makes us eat all the vegetables. She says to eat at least one bite of  hated vegetable. One bite is not bad although it goes down the throat with difficulty but never mind.

She still glared at me. "Not about the vegetables, you were texting while it's family time."

"Oh, umm.....Sorry" what can I say it's against her 'family time is important' rule. We hardly have any rules in house, I can follow a few. In my defense Rick is family but I can't tell about his dates to mom and dad. He likes to keep his love life away from mom and dad, he says he want mom and dad to meet his 'the one' only. But he tells me everything, he is so cute at times. 

"I am really tired guys, goodnight." They said their goodbyes and I came back to my room. 

I was combing my hair when Angie came to my room. "So how was your first day?" Sighing I told her everything. I tell everything to Rick and Angie.

"So, do you like Jack? Like, like him." Angie was doing this again. She likes to tease me with any guy I start to mention. Same was the scenario in school or college, if it was not Jack it would be Harris or building watchman or driver. It's crazy to tease just for the sake of teasing guess she is following my footsteps. I don't even mind it.

It was almost 11 when Angie left me alone saying she was really sleepy, had a long day.

It's a long day for me too and it's just not ending. I still have to finish with my presentation. 

I was almost done with my presentation when someone knocked on the door and then Rick came in.

I was just shocked to see him here because if he have a date then he takes them to his penthouse or goes to their place or whatever is convenient.

Actually it's mom and dad's idea to gift us with a penthouse when we turned 18 to give us a bit of privacy. I know my parents are really cool. It's really a great idea for Rick, he doesn't have to bring his dates here or more like caught with them. It's so awkward for us specifically for Angie, she was still so young, poor baby. Truth be told it wasn't like he had parade of his dates, in fact he ever dated a handful of people till now. I asked him what was he doing here "Shouldn't you be in your penthouse Ricky Rick?"