Chapter -19

Rachel's POV

I don't know out of nowhere why my assistant was kissing me ????!!!!

What is wrong with Amelia ??????

Like seriously !!!!!!! How unprofessional!! Well also that I am not interested in women.

And then Jack has the audacity to enter my office without knocking!! What if he saw Amelia kissing me??!! That is so weird.

Did he see…. Did he not see…. I really hope he did not.

"Amelia lunch booking for two, we need to talk." Fright was clear on her face, Good! You cannot get away from kissing your boss, there will be consequences. What am I going to do with this girl ?

"Give me those reports. And don't you have manners to knock before you enter your boss's office ?"

"So that your assistant can kiss you?"

"Hey ! You mind your own business."

"This is my business Rachel. What happened at the party, you cannot just ignore it, you cannot ignore me either."

"You cannot tell me what to do, you are a traitor, are you on Allena's man here? Why would you meet her ? I am so mad at you. Get out of here."

"You are getting me wrong Rachel…"

"It's Ms. Ascot for you."

Jack crossed the distance which was separating us from each other and held my shoulder firmly. He seems genuine, that's what my heart says but my mind contradicts it.

"Rachel, I know you are mad at me and you don't want to talk to me, but trust me I will never betray you or hurt you on purpose. Just give me one chance to explain and if you still think otherwise, you can fire me. You will never see me again. But before that I want you to listen to me."

"Not right now. I have an important video call in 10. After lunch, okay."

"Okay."

When I entered my office after having lunch with Amelia,  Jack's back greeted me. Hmm, broad shoulders. He really is sexy, but I might have to let him go, such a dog. Although I don't want him to go. I really thought that the moment in my room meant something, but maybe he is here just to steal company secrets. What the hell!!!! I feel this strong connection, but Ascot Signature is very very important to me. What should I do ????

"You know I thought that after getting caught with a rival, you would at least be straight forward and leave the company immediately, I waited for you to clear up things but you took your sweet week."

"You never called me either."

"Let's talk already."

"Look I know what it seems like…."

"Just give me a yes or no answer. Are you on her side?"

"No."

"Ok now we can talk. You know, the table seems too formal."

"Wherever you want."

"Couch."

"Why did you meet her at the restaurant ? Did she lure you ? Is she giving you more money ? Why would you see her, I really hate that bi**h."

"Calm down Rachel. She asked me to keep an eye on you and report her everything."

"Did you say yes because you need extra cash for your stash ?

"What? No, of course I denied. And I don't do drugs…. anymore. But you have to be careful."

"Well, 'drugs problem' does not go away in just one day. And yes she might be still keeping tabs on the company. I discussed it with board members, we are scrutinizing."

"Good."

"Are you going to tell her that I am scrutinizing so she will alarm whoever the traitor is?"

"What ? I thought we were over that. I told you I am on your side."

"You really think that I am going to believe you just like that." Jack sighed but that's not going to work on me. What does he think of himself? If he is a traitor then he has to go.

"What do you want me to do? I told you everything."

"Call her."

"What ? Why ?"

"Just do what I say or else…. "

"FINE but there is no point in that."

"You have her number saved in your mobile!"

"She called me to meet her."

"You should have deleted her number if you never intended to work for her."

"My mistake. Should I call her or what ?"

"Call her obviously.".

"I was just waiting for interrogation to finish Ma'am."

"Call her already."

"It's ringing."

"Put it on speaker."

"Oh Mr. Dunne I was waiting for your call. Got anything for me ?"

So Jack was lying all this time. Cheater, dumb, idiot. I should have seen this before but it was all hidden under his charming personality and gorgeous face. Huh, he doesn't even look that good. I glared at him. God!!! I am so angry at him !

"Why were you waiting for my call? I told you already, I cannot work for you."

"I thought you might have changed your mind. If not then why you called huh…"

"I.."

"You are making a big mistake by saying no to me. It's a lot of money than what you make as an assistant. I can provide you more and I am not talking just about money…..So....."

"I stand by my statement."

"Make sure you do not waste my time for nothing. You really are a fool after Rachel, she is not that great as she pretends to be." That bi**ch.

"Just stop, goodbye."

"Your loss."

I just can not control myself, I took his phone to put it away and pulled Jack close to me and kissed him. It was the best sensation ever. I felt hot all over my body. He is gorgeous and all but it felt good that he is not the one to betray me. I would have really hated that….. a lot.  I squeezed his biceps, and oh my!! were they big or what. His lips are so soft.  God it's so hot, he just gives me all these feeling. It's so hot that I am all bitchy but he is still sweet and innocent. Wow. I opened my eyes and looked into his blue eyes, so pure and so beautiful. I sighed, it's good. Everything is just going downhill in my life right now, but in all this chaos this man will be my undoing. I feel at peace with him but also very anxious. I feel so secure with him but then why I question him otherwise? I just don't know him that well but I feel like I know from inside that he is good, good for me. It's all so confusing. I know just one thing, that he is good for me.

"You are good."

"Aren't you on fire today, kissing your employees. To be honest, it might be cool for you but not for me."

"Well she came over me."

''You didn't do anything either."

"I was shocked. And besides don't judge okay, it wasn't like we are anything or I am committed to you, so you don't get a say in it…"

"What are we Rachel."

"I…..I don't know."

"Rachel you were the one to kiss me first today. What do you want, you have to tell me."

"Jack……

***********************************

Author's note

Hey! Cutie patooties😊

What do you all think ? Hot/Not ?

Vote, comment and share 'Ordering JACK Around'.

Love CamphorLover ❤️.