Chapeter 17

Jack's POV

When Rachel was closing the buttons of my jacket, her hands were going slow, slowly she pressed some imaginary creases and very slowly she put all the buttons of my jacket I was looking down and paid close attention to her facial features. Her eyebrows neatly made to perfection, her eye makeup was glittery, her cheekbones were so prominent, her blush, her luscious red lips, though her nose is slightly crooked. I can't even describe the perfection of her dress, she really is a designer. Her red hairs were so shiny and lustrous that all I wanted to do was pat them, so beautiful While admiring her, I looked down and realised that she was already done with my jacket but she was still standing close to me, her hands on my stomach. Before she could get away from me, I put my hands on her back and locked so that she couldn't get away from me. I pulled her close and inhaled her delicate scent. Her eyes were closed. Her breathing was very calm. It was so quiet except for distant music from the party, but in this moment, I can hear just her calm breathing and her heartbeat. I can hear my own heartbeat. Slowly she opened her eyes. I watched intently in her eyes, her beautiful mesmerizing eyes. I leaned more to Rachel. My lips were touching hers so lightly. I was just testing waters. I don't want to scare her away. Actually I have a fear that she will go away, maybe that's why I am going too slow. I don't want to rush into anything which will put distance between us.

"Rachel."

"Jack."

I looked into her eyes and she did the same.

I wish we could live in this moment forever, close to each other and no one in between.

A knock interrupted the moment. Rachel was alarmed now but didn't get away as my hands were still circling her but she started to push me away.

"Ma'am Mr. Ascot is looking for you, he sent me to get you back in the party. He told me to escort you. May I come in?"

I put a finger on her lips to get her attention back to me away from knocking. "Rachel relax and look into my eyes."

"Jack, I have to go."

I got hold on her waist and neck and leaned close to her and pressed my lips onto hers. Her hands held tightly on my jacket. And I got away from her. Our eyes were still looking at each other.

"Jack, can you hide in my closet and come out after a minute or two I am gone."

In her closet, I saw the necklace she wore on her first day in office. I picked it up and kept it in my breast pocket. I don't think she will realise her necklace is missing, as there were collection of collection of necklaces.

I walked out of her room, back to the party. My mind wasn't in the party but in Rachel's room. Her luscious soft lips was all I could think about. I can't say it was a full blown kiss but still a strong peck. A very very strong peck. When our bodies touched I felt hot all over my body. I can never forget this feeling.

When I searched for Rachel in the party, her eyes were already on me, but after a second she averted her gaze to elsewhere. Our eyes met several times but I can see she was having doubts in her head. I know her expression when she is confused about things or unable to understand it. It was the same face she had during the meeting when Harris was explaining finances and she didn't understand much of it.

The moment in her room was confusing. I was testing the waters on how far she would go. But when she is confused about her feelings then there is no point making moves. I don't want her to regret things. I want her to feel the same as I do. We are not on the same page. She doesn't know me from the past. I am just an assistant, a worker in her company. This is going to be difficult but I want to make efforts to make her realise that we can be together.

After sometime I bid my goodbye to Rachel as I felt more out of place than ever. She had a blank face when I went to her so god knows what is going in her head. But I didn't go home. Instead I observed this party from the shadows. I saw things that Rachel should know but she was diverted to something or other. I caught things by chance, my main agenda was stalking Rachel. After sometime when almost everyone left the party except for her family and relatives, I thought of going home, but Rachel's carefree dance held me to my place for some more time. She really is crazy and free spirit. Really hot dancers.

I am really looking forward to working  closely with her. I am done working away from her.

************************************

Author's note

Hey my Lovely readers, love you so much. Your votes and comments means a lot to me.

Vote and comment for 'Ordering JACK Around'

Support me on my short stories too. You can give me feedback too. DM me with your lovely thoughts and perception. Can DM me just to say Hi ☺️.

Love you guys so much❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️.

CamphorLover❤️.