Lyssophobia

'These are the thoughts that Izuku keeps getting that aren't his own'

ʕ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ

He stumbled and couldn't walk properly but he ran away from all of the nightmares that seemed to flood his head.

What was happening?! Why was he reacting like this?!

He spotted a janitors closet and hid in there.

Locking the door, he pulled out his phone and played the video again.

'Breathe breathe breathe!'

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

He didn't know exactly when or how long he was passed out for but he was shaken awake by a concerned looking janitor.

"Hey young man. Are you ok?"

"I-I-I..."

He broke down crying. "I don't know what's going on anymore! My body's changing and I have thoughts that aren't my own in my head!"

The janitor just awkwardly patted the boy on the back.

"Um... I think that's what puberty is son."

'Omfg! lmao!'

Izuku froze at this thought and also at this man's words before he started laughing hysterically.

Could this really just be puberty? He laughed at how it kinda made sense but at the same time it didn't.

Oh how he wished he could dismiss this as puberty but that would be lying to himself. 

"Um... yeah. Hormones will do that to you. So anyways uh, I kinda need to lock up the school. Are you ok with getting home?"

He wiped away his tears.

"Yes sir. Thank you."

"You know it wouldn't be a bad idea to go check out some books from the library or something for stuff on this."

"I'll keep that in mind. Have a good day."

"You as well."

ʕ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʕ•̫͡ʔ•̫͡ʔ

He walked home and got took a shower to wash away the day.

He secured a towel around his waist and wiped some of the steam off the mirror only to find a pair of red eyes starring back at him.

He yelped and fell backwards. By the time he had gotten back up the mirror had fogged up again.

He hastily wiped the mirror again only to see himself and no one else.

No red eyes starring back at him.

No crimson stains on the walls of an alley.

No psychotic boy grinning back at him as a man bled out on the ground.

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

What he prayed was just a hallucination had really shaken him up. Was he finally going insane from all of the pain?

He'd been on edge these past couple of days.

The sassy new aspect of his thoughts seemed to be commenting more and more. He supposed that it was a good thing though. The emerald boy loathed silence. It allowed all of his self deprecating thoughts to speak up and have a chance to swallow him whole.

Rarely he would see things out of the corner of his eye. Whether it be empty bottles, video game consoles, or dead bodies.

The only time he ever found peace and silenced all of the voices and supposed hallucinations was when he had his vigilante mask or goggles on.

No more panic attacks. No more voices. No more crushing anxiety.

He wasn't Midoriya Izuku when that mask was on. That useless deku didn't exist anymore. All that there was was Dekiru. He could do things. He wasn't weak. He spoke his mind. He did what was right. He was everything he'd ever wanted.