Quaintrelle

He leaned against a wall about approximately a block away from from the scene. Sitting down, he hid behind a dumpster and took off his mask, spitting out a mouthful of blood. A metallic taste lingered in his mouth as he took off his costume and put it in the duffel bag.

He may have stood up too quickly, sending him into a coughing fit. He wiped the blood off of his face, not noticing how it had gotten on his shirt.

He probably looked like he had gone through hell and back.

'Something was definitely broken.' he thought as he gingerly touched his ribs before setting them back into place and trudging up the street.

No way was he gonna stop at a hospital. That would draw suspicion and even if it didn't, there was the whole 'quirkless' thing too.

Lost in his thoughts and pain he didn't realize that he nearly ran into someone.

"Oh my dearie! You look like you got thrown through a building!" Said a sweet voice, filled with concern.

He looked down to find the one and only recovery girl.

"Ah! I'm sorry!" he yelped, jumping. He winced at this and bit back a cry.

"Here dear. Let me help. I bet you're in a lot of pain." she said sadly.

She made him sit down as she examined his ribs.

"What caused this and why is a young man of your age out and about at this hour?" She inquired.

"I'm heading home from a sleepover gone wrong and ended up getting caught in a villain attack."

The lies just seemed to roll of his tongue with ease.

"I was heading to the hospital before I bumped into you."

She seemed to buy this.

♧♢♡♤

She didn't buy this.

The nearest hospital is in the other direction of where he was heading. However, her gut wasn't warning her of anything bad or dangerous about the kid so she let it slide.

After healing his wounds he thanked her profusely and ran off. She shook her head as she headed to UA.

Such an odd boy.

♤♧♢♡

He collapsed on his bed with a thump. Mom wasn't home and he didn't have anything planned because it was the weekend. While seeing recovery girl's quirk in action gave him a great deal of information about her quirk he was too exhausted to write in his notes books.

He hated himself for letting those civilians get involved. They were put in danger and nearly died because of his weakness. Evanescent would have done a much better job than him.

He had been researching the late vigilante, trying to get a scope on his abilities just how big of gap he would have to fill.

Evanescent would have been able to end the fight much quicker and with way less destruction. No matter how much he wanted and desperately needed to be just like the fallen hero, deep down he knew that that man had vanished from this world.

He would never be Evanescent. Evanescent wasn't some worthless deku. He didn't let his quirklessness stop him. He rose up and conquered while he shrank down and surrendered like the weak deku he is.

That is why he can never be him.