C H A P T E R 33

Black Put A Yellow Sundress Over Her Growing Baby Bump. She Put Her Hair In A Nice Bun And Left Her Face Untouched As It Already Gave Off A Motherly Glow. Keshawn Came Up Behind Her In A Pair Of True Religion Jeans And A Red T-Shirt.

"Wait Till Mini Black Touch Down"

She Laughed. "Shut Up" Him Talking Nasty To Her Was Not Helping Her Control Her Already Wild Hormones. The Only Thing Stopping Her Was The Fact That It Wasnt His Child And She Would Never Disrespect Keonte Like That No Matter How Bad He Made Her Feel.

He Laughed. "You Ready?" She Nodded And They Got Into The Car. Today Was The Day They Would Figure Out What Gender The Baby Was. Becky Got In The Car. "I Think Its A Girl"

She Shrugged. "I Think Its A Boy" Becky Shrugged. "We Got One More Stop To Make So Let Me Drive" Keshawn Didnt Question It As He Threw Becky The Keys And She Hopped Up To The Front.

Becky Knew It Was Gonna Piss Everyone Off But It Had To Be Done. Keonte Got In The Car And All The Laughter And Energy From The Car Oozed Out.

Black Hasnt Spoken To Keonte Since That Night And Honestly Wasnt Planning To. Becky Only Talked Him Into Going Because Of The Way He Dogged Her The Night She Told Him She Was Pregnant.

Everyone Got Out The Car Silently. Black Felt Uncomfortable Because She Didnt Think Keonte Was Gonna Come But If This Was Him Stepping Up She Would Except It.

If They Thought The Car Ride Was Bad Sitting In The Waiting Room Was The Worst. The Doctor Came Into The Room. "Renè ?" She Looked At Keshawn And He Motioned For Her To Get Up.

She Stood Up And Keonte Stood Up Beside Her Which Took Everyone By Surprise. The Doctor Looked At Him. "Sir You Are ?"

"A Friend" Black Rolled Her Eyes. She Didnt Want Him In There At All. He Was Gonna Find A Way To Ruin This Beautiful Moment For Her.

The Doctor Led Them Back There And Put The Cold Gel On Her Stomach. She Shivered And He Laughed. "Not Used To It Yet?" She Shook Her Head And Laughed. "No I Dont Think I Ever Will"

Keonte Stood Their Awkwardly As The Doctor Did Some Stuff On The Computer. The Moniter Popped Up And Not Only Could You See One Figure Moving But Two.

Black Put Her Hand Over Her Mouth As The Doctor Spoke. "You Have Twins Congratulations ! One Boy One Girl !" They Looked At The Screen And A Tear Even Escaped From Keonte's Eyes As He Looked At The Screen And Realized That She Was Carrying Not One But Two Of His Seed.

He Said The Only Thing He Always Said. "Black Im Sorry I Didnt Belive You Before A-" She Cut Him Off.

"AK Dont Ruin My Day" Through Everthing In The Past She Never Called Him AK. Always Keonte This Or Keonte That And From Thier He Knew.

She Left The Room With A Smile On Her Face And A Picture In Her Hand. Becky Jumped Up And Looked At The Picture. "Damn Sis You Fertile As Hell !" They Laughed Black Shrugged.

They Decided To Just Go To Becky And Rosco's To Share The News.

"So For The Baby Shower Since You Having A Boy And A Girl You Gonna Wear Blue And Pink?" Becky Teased. Keshawn Laughed. "Yeah Walk Round Like Some Cotton Candy" She Stale Faced Them Which Produced More Laughter.

Keshawn Kissed Her Cheek. "Its Okay I Like Cotton Candy" She Turned To Him. "Can You Please Go Get Me Some Pickles And Whipped Cream ?"

He Scrunched His Face Up. "Hell No ! Maybe If You Pick Two Things That Go Together."

"Please Please ? I Really Need It"

He Laughed. "No" She Pouted. "Please Bae" He Rolled Her Eyes Like She Would Do. "I Guess" She Pecked Him On The Lips. "And Some Watermelon Kool Aid" He Shook His Head And Got Up.

Becky Laughed. "Me Being Pregnant I Always Want French Fries" Black Furrowed Her Eyebrows.

"You Being Pregnant ?" Becky Laughed. "Yea I Been Meaning To Tell You Im About A Month" She Gasped. "But Im The Fertile One?" They Burst Out Laughing. "Damn You Already Got Cravings."

She Nodded And They Laughed Some More Forgetting That Keonte Was In The Room. He Cleared His Throat. "Can I Talk To Black?" Becky Raised Her Eyebrow "Okay?"

Even Though They Were Family They Barely Acted Like It. "Alone" Becky Made A 'Mhm' Sound But Still Proceeded To Get Up And Exit The Room. He Started At Her Face And Noticed How It Actually Did Have A Glow.

She Didnt Look Like She Hated Life Anymore And She Actually Looked Happy. And No Matter How Crazy He Acted It Made Him Happy To See Her Doing Good With Or Without Him.

Then His Eyes Travled Down To Her Stomach. It Wasnt A Little Pudge Anymore Like He'd Seen Time And Time Now It Looked Like She Was About To Pop Already. No Wonder She Was Having Twins. His Twins That He Has Still Yet To Claim Aloud.

He Looked Back Up At Her Slightly Irritated Face. Half Of Her Actually Wanted To Hear What He Was Gonna Say While The Other Half Was Ready To Cuss Him Out For Not Wanting To Talk Earlier.

"Renè" She Cut Him Off Right There. "Call Me Black And If You Sat Down To Tell Me That Your Sorry Then You Can Re Exclude Yourself From My Life."

He Corrected Himself. "Black. I Know You Probably Dont Want Anything To Do With Me Anymore-" She Interruptted Him Again. "I Dont"

He Was Taken Aback By Her Blunt Responses But Still Continued As If Her Words Didnt Effect Him. "But I Want To Be Apart Of My - Our Children's Lives" He Struggled For Words.

He Waited For Her Response To Continue. She Rolled Her Eyes. "I Would Never Keep Them Away From You"

He Nodded. "I Wanna Come To More Of Your Appointments"

She Nodded. "I Can Make That Happen" It Was Weird To Be Talking To Him About It And The Conversation Was Nothing Like She Thought It Would Be.

In Her Head- It Wasnt Supposed To Be Awkward And It Wasnt Supposed To Be The First Time They've Talked About It Or Anything For Months.

It Was Supposed To Have Been Discussed The Day She Found Out. She Was Supposed To Be In Bed Laying Down Beside Him With His Arms Wrapped Around Her Telling Her Everything Was Just How It Was Supposed To Be And That He Was Glad That She Got To Carry Apart Of Him.

That He Had Plans To Marry Her Soon And That He Really Loved Her The Way She Loved Him. They Were Supposed To Last. She Didnt Notice She Was Staring At Him Untill He Raised His Eyebrow. "You Good ?" She Nodded Switching Her Gaze To Her Phone.

"Yep" After A Minute Keshawn Came Back In The Room And Her Mood Instantly Lit Up As She Saw What Was In His Hands.

"Here Your Nasty Whatever You Like To Eat" She Greatly Excepted The Food. Right When She Was About To Eat It A Thought Came To Mind And She Pouted. "You Know What I Should Have Asked For?"

When He Pulled Out A Fruit Parfait She Giggled. "You Love Me"

"I Do But You Only Use Me As An Errand Boy"

She Played Around With Him. "Nawl.. You Have Other Qualities Too Like When You Cook For Me Or When I Cant Reach Something" He Smacked His Lips.

"Yeah. Real Cute" She Put Some Whipped Cream On The Pickles And Proceeded To Eat It While They Continued To Joke Around.

It Made Keontes Stomach Churn Watching Her So Careless And Happy With Someone Else While In His Life It Was The Exact Opposite. He Got Up And Left Silently Not Wanting To Interrupt Them With His Absence.