36.Hayley

Walking down stair, hearing the familiar loud blast of music, once I reached the end of the stairs, I instantly looked for Hunter. Sniffed the air to find his scent.

But as I walked around to the living room, I bumped into a wide hard chest.

"Sorry," I muttered as I moved away to walk around whoever it was, not meeting their eyes.

"Hayley," Cayden breathed, "I've been looking for you." My eyes snapped up to his face and I felt desperation flood inside of me as I stepped away from him.

"Leave me alone," I hissed, trying to rush away, but again he reached for me. "No!" I cried, nearly tripping over myself to get away.

"Hayley, please, what did he do to you?" The question made me freeze as I started to move away.

"What did he do to me?" I rolled the question around in my head, before slowly turning back to face Cayden. "Or what did you do?" I asked, feeling - something, rise up in me, but feeling to numb to anything else but Hunter, feeling to numb to even care to say anything more, I ignored the shock on his face and made my escape before Hunter saw us near each other.

"Hunter," I cried in delight when I found him in the living room, sitting around the usual coke table, with a blue solo cup in hand. I plopped down into his lap, sitting in a way my dress wouldn't ride up, knowing all his friends were around.

"Hey Hayley, " some of the girls called and I nodded at them, before Hunter grabbed my hips, pulling me around so my leg were on either side of him and I was facing him, as he pulled me close to him, kissing me hungrily. I could taste the liquor already on his breath. And then the air hit my backside, I knew my ass was hanging out, not all the way but enough that Hunter usually would beat me for. I went to pull it down, but Hunter stopped me.

"It's ok," he said huskily, his breath fanning my face as he pulled me into another deep kiss, a whistle came from one of the girls behind me before they were giggling. "Tonight, it's ok," he reassured quietly when I pulled back. He looked over behind my shoulder, before grabbing my ass with his hands, I turned to look at who he was staring at, but he pulled one hand from my bottom to grab my chin again, pulling my face down to his and kissing me deeply again. He shoved his tongue basically down my throat for a second before pulling away. "Hey Steve," he told his friend next to him. "Can you get my girl a drink man?" Steve nodded and got up immediately. "It's your turn Hayley!" A girl called and as I looked over she waved a rolled up, what appeared to be a hundred bill.

I looked back at Hunter to see if it was ok, to see if that's what he wanted me to do or not. No longer did I feel I even needed to to numb the pain. There was no more pain, no more inner turmoil. All I wanted was to please him.

With a nod, he smiled, "Go ahead, I have to give a welcome speech to the new member, I'll go get him now. He seemed to storm away somewhere," he laughed as I moved off his lap.

Getting down on my knees, I smiled at the girl, grabbing the rolled up bill. "I made a fat rail just for you, you have to catch up with us," she giggled. Holding one side of my nose and placing the bill to the other nostril, I snorted in deeply, sniffed and holding my head back for the drip before handing the bill back and as I did, I looked over to meet Cayden's graze.

Before I could decipher the look he was giving me, I gasped and looked away, cursing myself for looking over just as he appeared. Why was he always just there? He already dissed me, why did he still insist on playing his games?

Yanking the bill back from the girl who I couldn't remember her name's hand and quickly snorted all the five lines she had just cut out for everyone, knowing there was still a big pile for them so they wouldn't care.

But why did I? Still care that was... I felt numb and yet something inside of me felt...unsettled.

"Oh-kay," the girl said with laughter in her voice as I dropped the bill down on the table and stood up, looking over at Hunter who winked at me as he called for the music to be stopped.

"I welcome you, Cayden, to this pack, and I hope you enjoy this party," laughter filled his eyes. Everyone repeated, "Welcome to the pack, Cayden." And that was that. I could feel Cayden's gaze on me but I refused to look.

Usually there was more but Hunter told the dj to start to music again before making his way back to me.

"Fuck that dude," he growled into my neck as he pulled me close to him. "Every time I see him I want to kill him for almost taking you away from me."

"Never Hunter, it's you and me now," I whispered back, clinging to him. "And forever." Please don't abandon me to the wolves.

Wolves like Cayden who wanted to use me up and toss me aside. At least Hunter wanted to keep me for himself, forever. I knew with him I always had a place.