15. Hayley

"I won't allow it," Hunter spoke for me as we stood in front of the administrator.

While we were in class, the teacher told me I was being called to the office.
I had been absent for a whole week and a half, Hunter had been determined to show me how good I had it with him. He took me shopping for a whole new wardrobe, bought me a new Rolex and several pieces of expensive jewelry. Then we went on a yacht for the rest of the week. Not once did he lay his hands roughly on me. And we actually had sex twice that wasn't forced. It was sloppy and desperate, and maybe even alcohol fueled but not rough.

Now we were back at school and during first period, I was being summoned to the office, trying not to let my gaze find Cayden's as I passed by his desk.

Of course, Hunter got up with me, ignoring the teachers protest as he escorted me to the front of the building.

Any other situation it would have been nice to have a boyfriend as a clutch for everything. But it felt like I had no freedom or any time to myself. More like he was a warden than a protector.

"Look, I'm grateful for your parents but if I have a student fail under my watch it will ruin my record. So unless you think you have the power to replace me, she's getting that work done, here at school, with Cayden, the smartest kid we got."

Growling, Hunter grabbed me up by the arm, out of the cold leather chair that had just adjusted to my warmth and shouted, "fine. But I'll be there too."

"I'm sorry but no. This is final. Either she shows up - alone. Or she's expelled. I'm not saying it again. And no more missing days. I want doctors notes for those absences."

I knew he would just have the pack doctor write notes but maybe this meant less beatings and less rough sex to ensure I got to school everyday. Or the very least let me shift to heal when he did things like bruised my ribs, causing me to gasp at any movement, even walking carefully. Or when I was ripped open so bad I was bleeding all day, unable to wear anything comfortably like underwear or pants.

Everything in me felt grateful to the woman. She was the only adult at school who refused to back down and I knew I would get to have this free time.

Because he couldn't have me expelled. Then social workers would get involved and questions would be asked.

"She'll be there tomorrow," he snapped before we were out of there.

The rest of the school day was me trying not to catch Cayden's gaze as he tried to get me to catch his. Before I would have risked it but the excitement of being about to get away from Hunter was too much. I wouldn't ruin it.  So I ignored Cayden for now, even though everything in me screamed to smile at him. To share another secret look.

.
🐺
.
That night Hunter covered my whole necks with large, deep hickies.

"Look at me," he grabbed my throat and pulled my face close to his. "If you do or say more than school work I'll not only kill you, but I'll kill him first and make you watch. Then I'll chop you both up and feed you to the wolves 🐺 "

My eyes widened at hearing my possible dismemberment. Gulping, I nodded. "I only have eyes for you baby," I shook as I grabbed his face, pulling him down and kissing him passionately.
"I'm yours baby," I said to ease his mind, "only yours."
He growled and bit down into my neck again. As I gasped and held onto his shoulders.
Time to retreat within myself.