29

"Please baby stop," I beg as another punch comes my way, gasping in a shaky breathe, I hold up my hands as he turns away to toss the secret cellphone I had across the room.
His face twisted in anger as he stalked back towards me, reaching out for my outstretched wrist, he snapped it as easily as a pencil.
Screaming bloody murder, I beg him to please stop.
"Baby I'm so sorry baby please, baby look at me. I love you, please baby," I hold onto him as I always do, unsure why, but knowing my life was in his hands.

"What the fuck were you doing while I was gone Hayley? I'm giving you one chance to tell me or so help me-" He growled, letting the threat hang in the air as he shoved me against the wall next to my bookcase.

Obey!

The same command that always worked on me, that I've heard in my head plenty of times, it wrecked through my mind as always, but this time felt different. Everything in me wanted to disobey this time, to lie to him, to not let him ruin my memories of a happy weekend with Cayden.

NO! Lie, don't let him, don't!

Shaking my head I pressed my lips together and looked him straight in the eyes. His widened and I saw a flash of something in his eyes before he quickly covered it.

"Hayley," he warned as he glared me down.

Obey! He tried again inside of my head. Pushed the command in and said it over and over.

My whole body shook as I held my ground. No, I wouldn't get Cayden killed. NO!

"No," I barley got out.

"What did you say bitch?" Hunter roughly grabbed my shoulders and shook me, snarling now. "I said, OBEY!" His voice roared out as he half shifted.

And suddenly my mind snapped back into submission.

"I spent the weekend at his place. We watched movies and cuddled. And kissed," I sobbed as my knees went weak, the only thing keeping me up was Hunter's iron grip. He looked at me now not in rage, but in shock.

"You...you actually cheated on me? Slept in the same bed with another guy?" He shook me but not as fiercely this time. "You cheated? Hayley," he spoke with wild eyes and with a tone as if he were...heartbroken. "Hayley why? I would never cheat on you."

I snorted before I could stop myself as anger rose inside of me. "I'm not your girlfriend Hunter, I'm a fucking prisoner," I sneered into his face. "If I had a choice I wouldn't be here, with you."

"So with him?"

"No, not you or him, this isn't about who I want to be with. Hunter, I want to be free," I sobbed. "I want to take this damn collar off and belong to myself, not be anyone's property."

Hunter stepped away from me, his tight hold on me gone and I was sliding to my knees.

"So you don't love me? You're just an ungrateful orphan who I saved. You're right, you don't deserve to be mine, my father was right. You're just an omega whore," He bent down to be at eye level with me, Raising his hand to show his claws come out he smiled before quicker than my eyes could follow, he has digging the clawed hands into my thigh, piercing though the flesh and even hitting bone, I opened my mouth to scream out how much it felt like pure agony, but he was quick and covered my mouth with his other hand, so the scream was muffled. "You'll open your legs for any alpha male who you come across," he said close to my ear as he pulled my legs apart, pressing his body into mine. "I guess it's not your fault. Should blame your sick parent's for having a half breed like you. An abomination. Now you're all fucked up." Hunter pulled away from me, picking up the phone I was communicating with Cayden with, he typed into it quickly before crushing it in his hands.

Suddenly the pain was a dull ache as the adrenaline rushed through my veins. I couldn't even feel my broken wrist. "What are you doing?" Worry for Cayden was back full force.

"He's not apart of the pact. Which means no fuss over his death. I'll enjoy killing him and he'll get a slow death unlike that nerd Matt. But you shouldn't be so worried about Cayden, you should start worrying about yourself. Hayley, we're through, you don't get the privilege to call yourself my girlfriend anymore."

I blinked. He was breaking up with me? "We're done? Does that mean I can go?" I shook knowing it couldn't have been this easy. There was no way. Was he going to kill me then?

He gave a chilling laugh that caused a cold chill to run down my spine. "It's like you said Hayley, you're not my girlfriend. You're just my prisoner. So I'll start treating you as such. And maybe one day you'll learn to apprecatie me and I might take you back. But from now on I'm going to show you exactly how good you had it, and how much worse it can be," He threated as he grabbed his car keys. "I'll be back to fuck you covered in your lovers blood. That collar of yours as you call it better be on, Pet," he sneered.

As the door shut behind him, a panic attack worked it way up as I started to hyperventilate.

Cayden! Worry about him first. Breathing heavy, and trying to contain my sobs, I rushed for my purse to pull out my phone that Hunter would see every call or text I made, but it would be too late by then anyway.

And I prayed as I quickly typed in the number hoping beyond hope I remembered it.

"Hello?" answered a woman.

"Uh, is Cayden around?"

"Who?"

Shit, I hung up. The last two digits felt off. Fuck I was going to have to try them all dammit! Calling the next two numbers were disconnected and I nearly threw my phone.

"C'mon think. Think!" Cayden was going to be killed all because I couldn't remember two fucking digits and my panic attack was becoming almost uncontrollable as I sobbed and cried in frustration, feeling as if I couldn't breath, gasping like a fish out of water.

"Please," I cried as I rocked back and forth, knowing I was wasting time. Clenching my eyes shut I willed the note to come back to memory. Pictured that day, Cayden writing it down, handing me the note.

If I didn't remember two fucking numbers Cayden was as good as dead. And it was hard to concentrate when I was full blown crying and rocking back and forth. Everything in me wanted to just give up and hope for the best.

But in my world I didn't have good luck and knew the worst would come if I couldn't reach Cayden. I wouldn't be able to even shift and run to him in time for Hunter and his friends to meet him.

"Cayden, oh no," I sobbed as I tried another number. "Please..." I begged as it rang.

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE IN CAYDEN'S POV