Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It was a nice night in Godrics Hollow a soft breeze whistling through the trees. The Potter's had just finished dinner. While Lily, her long red hair flowing behind her and her green eyes glistening in the light as she goes to clean the kitchen. James takes Haley and Harry outside to perform tricks on his old Hogwarts quidditch broom. James gets on his broom, as the kids look up at him with as much attention as any 2 year old can have. James gently kicks his feet off the ground. A smile begins to grow on his face as he remembers all the fun he had just some years ago. James pretends to fall a couple times as he flies around in circles. The children explode with laughter and giggles. Haley's dark brown hair tied in pigtails bouncing from side to side. As Harry falls back into the lush green grass, his wild mane of jet black hair that his mother can never get to lay flat, now full of grass and dandelion fuzz as he begins to giggles again. His father looks down upon the twins with his messy hair and glasses over his hazel eyes with a smile.

After cleaning up Lily calls them in to go to bed so she can read them a story. When they come inside Lily takes one look at the twins and says "You need a bath, come on, up you go" as a smile makes its way across her face. She quickly gives them a bath before she takes them to the living room to read a book. They all sit on the couch as James begins to read a kids rendition of the Tale of The Three Brothers. After the story James picks up the twins who had fallen asleep during the story so that they may go to bed, when there was a loud pound at the door that seemed to crack against the whole house like thunder. James and Lily exchange worried glances at each other. Someone is trying to break the enchantment on the house. That means one thing, they have been betrayed.

Lily's P.O.V.

James hands me Harry and makes sure I have good grip on both of the twins. He hugs me tightly and says the spell so we can apparate, but it does not work. The pounding continues grows more intense with each second. I look up to James who plants a small kiss on my lips before whispering " I will always love you, and make sure the twins never forget that." He plants a small kiss on each of the twins heads before pushing me to go up the stairs. I look back once, only once, into James's eyes. 

"I love you" I say, my voice hoarse and salty with tears that I did not even realize had fell. 

"I love you" he says back. The door then get blown into fiery explosion of ashes. I start running. I hear the windows shatter, the children woke and started to scream and cry. Once at the top of the stairs, tears wet in my eyes. I open the nursery door, slam it shut and make my way over to the cribs. I set Harry and Haley into their cribs. When I hear sinister laugh coming from down stairs, more tears began to make there way on to my cheek.

James P.O.V.

I'm downstairs doing everything I can to protect the three people I love the most, Lily, Harry, and Haley. I began my duel with Voldemort, fighting for my life. I manage to get a good spell on him, but he is so un-human now it doesn't seem to faze him. He flicks his wand and the windows behind me shatter, I then feel a sharp on the nape of my neck and back. I quickly use the expelliarmus spell, but he does the same. Both wands landing on the opposite side of the room. He goes to get his wand, but mine is much too far, I will never make it. Instead I grab the small red package that lay neatly under the coffee table. It was made especially if this ever happened. Inside lies my invisibility, cloak and Lily's old charm book, attached to is a note to Dumbledore telling him to give the package to Harry and Haley when they reach Hogwarts. All off a sudden the book case behind me scatters. I whistle for my owl to come get the package. When I turn around I see Voldemort, wand raises above his head.

Lily's P.O.V

I put the silence spell on Haley and Harry to buy us some more time. I look in to their faces fresh tears trickling down their cheeks. "I love you. You are so loved. Mummy loves you. Daddy loves you. Be strong don't forget that. I love two so much, be..." I am cut short as Lord Voldemort bursts into the room. I turn around backing up shielding the cribs. 

"Well, isn't it miss Lily Potter, looking beautiful as always" the dark lord says sending a cold chill down my spine. He steps forward and I back up as much as I can still shielding the crib. "What do we have here? Children! Well I might say they are quite darling now aren't they" a cruel smirk making it's way across his face. He steps forward again 

"Leave them alone , they are just children." I say with all the courage I have left. "Oh Lily, don't you see I just want to look at them." the dark lord laughs. Thats when I snap and lunge myself at Voldemort only to be thrown across the room my body hitting the wall. My vision going blurry. "What a strange and beautiful thing, a mother's love for her child......but, would happen if one were to say...destroy the child?" he says with a twisted cruel smile, as he points his wand at a Harry. He raises the wand above his head to kill harry and in that moment I take all the strength I have left throw my body of Harry's.

Voldemort's P.O.V

As I cast the killing curse I see Lily throw her body over the little boy's...she dies instantly. 

"Well that was easy enough," I say aloud looking at the now lifeless Lily Potter laying on the floor. I look back up to the twins "and this should be even easier." I raise my arm to kill them both when all of a sudden there is a blinding light and sicking screeching noise, but amongst the sound I can hear it....A sort of chant being repeated over and over again.

Now listen close oh dark one..........So choose wisely.

Then it stops...just quickly as it came. I look back over two the twins..choose one of them? I walk closer to the cribs so that way I am in between them both. When I look to the boy he is staring back up at with expression that looks as if he knows all the horrible things I have done....Its unsettling. I then turn my gaze upon the girl, her hazel eyes intense as if she was absorbing any and all information around her. Well....if I have to choose. I look back to the boy on last time, a shiver making its way down my spine, setting my nerves on edge as if was crawling away at the pit of my stomach. I have made my decision.

End P.O.V

After taking one last look at the twins he picks up Haley. "Obliverate" the dark lord says sending the spell out into the night, the spell he used would make anyone who has ever heard of Haley Potter forget about her entirely. After he was done he shoots the killing curse at Harry and turns to leave. A searing pain shoots through his body, looking at Harry and saw he was still alive. Using the last bit of life in him he apperates back to his hiding place, the baby girl nestled into his cloak.