chapter 3

Haley's P.0.V.

After that dinner with my father I began to see more and more of Draco. He would sometimes come in mornings and we would play as his father would go down and talk to Tim and Bellatrix. Or whenever I was sent to go get ice cream from the store he would happen to be there as well. We started to become the best of friends. One night when Draco came to spend the night because his father was on very important business, we started telling each secrets that we had always wanted to say but we were to scared to. Draco told me about a hideous looking scar he saw on his father's arm, he said

"It looked like a snake it was coiled around something, I did not get to get a good look at it because my father quickly rolled his sleeve back up before yelling me to go to my room. I'm not sure why but I think that mark has to with somthing really evil.... I am foolish I know! Never mind it was probably nothing."

"Don't say that" I say, my eyes wide in shock, can it be?

"Are you alright?" Draco ask. "You've gone pale"

"Im fine" I reply my voice barely a whisper. I hastily make my way out of the make shift fort and walk to the piece of loose flooring by my book shelf. I bend down and try to pry the little piece of wood open. By now Draco was out of the fort and kneeling beside me.

"What are you doing?" Draco asked his voice full of worry.

"You will see" I say and with one final lift the board comes free. Underneath it lays a small piece of paper. I grab it and bring it to my chest. My breathing starting to speed up.

"Wha what is that?" Draco ask his eyes trying to reach mine.

"I don't know..." I say shaking my head. Crawling back under the fort ushering him to follow. Once were both in I let out a long sigh and flipped the piece of paper over to show him.

We stared at each other in complete silence for what seemed like hours. He begins to take his hand and trace the ink that runs across the piece of paper. He looks back up to me before clearing his throat and asking

"So you have seen it too?"

I nod "On Bellatrix and Tim....After seeing it I drew it out so that maybe I could find it in a book and see what it means."

"So do you...know what it means?"

I shake my head looking down at my hands that lay in my lap the piece of paper crumbled up in between them. When I look back up to Draco I let out a shaky breath before answering

"The only thing I know is that it is undeniably and unconditionally...evil."

We made a promised that to not tell any one what was said under the fort we made of pillows, blankets and chairs. We also promised to always be best friends no matter what.

_._._._._

I woke this morning with butterflies in my stomach Today I turn eleven, which mean I get my letter from Hogwarts. It's funny until a few weeks ago I had know idea there was a thing such as a school for wizards. Tim has always taught me, not magic but arithmetic, history and literature. All my life we have never really talked about magic even though it was apart of our daily lives.

As I make my way down the stairs the smell of blueberry pancakes makes its way into my nostrils. There I see Tim cooking over the stove, colorfully wrapped presents scattered on the floor. Along with this comes no sign of Bellatrix. This I think is because of newspaper I saw the other day. The head line reading "Bellatrix Lestrange Finally Caught, Sent to Azkaban". Tim took it out of my hands, before I could finish reading it. When I asked him what had happened he gave me a sad look and went about his business. What ever she did it must have been horrible.... Its about time she got in trouble.  Honesty with her not here I'm not sure quite how this day can get any better.

Thats when I hear the bell of the shop door open. I run over peek my head around the corner and see Draco. His father has him by one of his arms in his other a small box with blue wrapping.  Mister Malfoy whispers things into Draco's ear, before letting him go and turns around and leaves. Draco is left to him self frowning looking at the ground. When he looks up, a smile makes its way upon his face as his eyes find mine. I too can't help but smile. Draco comes over to me and gives me a hug. My breath hitches in my throat as a rush of warmth flushes over me. When he pulls away I notice the slight shade of pink rushing to his cheeks. He quickly turns head.

"Happy birthday Haley...I...uh got you this"  he said scratching the back of his head before looking at me.

"Thank you, um.... would you like to eat? Tim has made blue berry pancakes." I asked

"That would be lovely" he replied as we began to walk to the kitchen.

"Well good morning Draco!" Tim said ruffling Draco's hair, setting a hot plate of pancakes down on the table. When he turns around he gives me a kiss on the head before grabbing the pumpkin juice from the fridge. Draco and I sit down along with Tim and begin to eat. Half way into breakfast Alvester Tim's owl, came through the window with with the morning mail. Along with it came my letter, and a second one addressed to Draco.  The letter read

*'*'*
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Headmaster: Albus Dymbledor
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Worlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms. Blots,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Whichcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagal
Deputy Headmistress

*'*'*

I run my fingers over the dark Green letters in awe.

"Congratulations the both of you!" Tim says a smile on his face.

"Thank you!" Draco and I say in a usion.

After eating Tim said I was aloud to open presents.  I had gotten an assortment of candies, of which to  their great distaste I splited up equally with Tim, and Draco. Along with the candy I had gotten a few books, that I have been pestering Tim to get.  The last present I open is the one from Draco. Inside the tightly wrapped package is a small silver locket, in the shape of a heart. Inside the locket on one side is a picture of Draco and I, on the other is the words best friends forever. I smile taking Draco's hand in mine knowing it would always be true.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hey guys I just want to thank you for reading, I know it took a long time for this chapter to come out. I was writing this one by my self. Let me know what you guys think so far our of you have any questions. Don't forget to vote:)