I watched as his expression went from happiness to pain, to guilt, and back to happiness.

"Good. Glad she is hanging out with you again" He turns to go down the stairs but I stop him.

"Dude, you need to just talk with her," I say. "I know she is missing you just as much as you are missing her."

"If she will even talk to me" he grumbles.

"She will" I reassured him heading into my room to shower.

***Time skip***

Y/n came in for lunch with me and Bobby while Dean was outside working on the car. She looked genuinely better and was actually smiling and laughing with us as we shared a meal. 

"Where's Dean?" she asked suddenly.

"Outside working on the car" I state watching her expression.

"Has he eaten?" She asks genuinely concerned about him. It was cute.

"I don't think so but we can take something out to him. I bet he is getting hungry"

She nods taking another big bite of her sandwich to which I just chuckle.

Bobby gets a call that he has to take care of and leaves the room.

"Hey y/n" I start and she just stares at me with her mouth full. "Do you- do you still care about Dean?" I wasn't sure how to phrase it but that is what came out.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I?" she asked after swallowing. I could tell she was hurting but trying to hide it.

"Y/n, Dean is missing you. You need to really talk to him he has been a real ass" I say trying to lighten the mood a little, but y/n didn't laugh.

"He doesn't want to talk to me after everything," She says looking at her now empty plate.

"Yes he does, you both are just too stubborn to make the first move," I say standing up and making a quick sandwich for Dean.

"What do you expect me to do, just walk outside and start a conversation?" She scoffs at me.

"Actually yes," I say turning around and handing her the plate.

"For me?" She asks as a smile grows on her face. I just laugh.

"No y/n for Dean" I chuckle as her smile loses a little bit of enthusiasm but stays on her face. 

"This is a good conversation starter. You both love food so go" I say practically pushing her out the door.

"Fine." She says with a playful eye-roll but soon enough she is on her way to talk to Dean. I chuckle to myself thinking about childish they had both been acting. They will owe me big time once they actually start dating.

***Y/n POV***

You made sure to smile as you approached Baby. You saw Dean working hard and it made you smile even more. He didn't even notice you walk up behind him while he was hunched over the engine.

"Hey," you say making him jump and hit his head on the open hood. 

"Y/n," he says out of breath. "God you scared me," he says a little nervously and you chuckle.

"Your head alright?" You ask.

"W-what?" he says, but finally, you see it click in his brain "Oh yeah. yeah. I am fine," he says shrugging it off and closing the hood.

Boy, you really caught him off guard.

"I brought you some lunch," you say handing him the plate of food which he accepted. "Sam wanted me to bring it out to you,"  You say rubbing your arm and blushing a little from the awkwardness.