it definitely caught you by surprise.
it was about to hit your head, but you caught it, dropping your something from your hand.

woah, that was good.  You looked at atsumu in amazement but then squinted. you then shot your head at osamu.

he has a twin? the fuck. i thought osamu dyed his hair for a second.

"and you are?" suna interrupted your thoughts.

he's in my class. suna, is it?

"ah, i'm l/n y/n. call me y/n. i'm a new student and a second year. class 1. and i have to join a club, so..." you tossed the ball to atsumu.

"so i was thinking about joining this one as a manager." you finished.

"ah, well that's good! nice to meet you, y/n. i'm kita. that's atsumu and osamu. that's suna, ojiro, akagi, ren, yuto, hitoshi...."

as he introduced himself you made eye contact with suna. it was pretty awkward. he didn't stop staring and neither did you. you didn't know if you wanted to keep staring at him to make him stop, or if you wanted to stop yourself.

It became a contest. You thought he'd look away but you thought wrong.

you mouthed words at him. "what?" and then he looked away.

you rolled your eyes and looked away, too. Weirdo. People with staring problems or maybe not problems, were difficult to decipher.

"so? y/n, how come you transferred to inarizaki?" ojiro asked.

"well, no reason. i just switched schools...the old school was...too far." you quickly answered. although that wasn't the entire reason.

"oh? which school?" akagi asked.

would they even know it if I told them LOL. You played the scene in your head. Nope.

"It's around the area, but it's private. You wouldn't know." you hesitated, but quickly recovered. Osamu shook his head, referring to how atsumu wouldn't care to remember.

you started to quietly walk away. "yeah, uhm..i need to meet my friend. see y'all" you pretended to look at your phone. Then you ran.

"they left their (any essential) there." suna pointed.

hikari, no. this was not a good idea.

____

"finally you're going to be in a club. you know if you didn't sign up for one sooner or later, the teacher would assign you some small boring club." hikari nagged. "Like, the appreciation club that just writes compliments for people once a month. I'd cry of happiness if I were you."

"Because I'm not in the club or because I've finally joined one?"

"What do you think, turd."

"Okay, buddy." you rolled your eyes while you drank your caprisun. For lunch you had a nice sandwich from the convenient store you picked up. that was all you had. hikari pulled up an extra chair to sit next to you for lunch.

"here, eat some of mine. you really need to remember to pack your own damn lunch." she threatened.

"i know~ i just forgot today because i was reading something new! plus, you get mad at me yet give me some of your lunch." you retorted.

she scoffed. "yeah, so you don't starve."

"awww youre so caring~" you tried to hug her. before you could, she shoved a rice ball into your mouth. "I think I'm going to stop the caprisun." You said after swallowing.

"What??" She started yapping, making you zone out. Unintentionally.

you could see suna across the classroom talking to osamu.

you kept staring for some reason. something about him was oddly interesting. he was just plain amusing. He was way too reserved so it made you ponder if he had a secret obsession that he was embarrassed about.

Maybe he collected rocks. Or maybe he liked knitting.

as you chewed you just kept wondering about what they were actually like.

"y/n? y/nnnn." hikari waved a hand in front of your face. she was this close to smacking you but you weren't paying attention to her.

hmmm...suna rintarou. is osamu single?

then, you saw something that killed you from the inside.

suna's smile.

the dead-looking type of persons' smile. you started to choke. It was like finding a light in the dark.

"y/n!" hikari handed you a water bottle as you hit and pounded your chest. you were coughing like crazy.

"sorry. i just started choking." you nervously laughed at her.

"tch. you're so clumsy. hurry and eat there's only like 20 minutes left." she said. but as you were eating and getting scolded by hikari, suna was staring at you again.

"suna, how come you keep staring at them?" osamu asked.

suna shrugged. "They're stupid." suna said. "We're in the same class."

"Not like that."

osamu turned to look at you, too which scared you. in fact you looked away so your eyes wouldn't meet theirs.

after class, suna walked over to you at your desk.

you side eyed him. "hi suna."

"hi. here, you dropped this earlier." he handed you something you were looking for..

"aww, thanks!" you grabbed it. suna watched you put it back into place. his very overwhelming green eyes was intimidating. You wondered what he was thinking.

"yo, why do you keep staring at me? it's kinda creepy. Why don't you sit down and follow me home while you're at it?" you sarcastically suggested.

He just raised an eyebrow. But he almost smirked. You saw it, the corner of his mouth turned up ever so slightly.

he thought for a while before answering. "because you're so..spontaneous."