Epilogue (A)

"That's the ugliest ring I've ever seen," Ron's voice sounded beside Draco.

"What are you doing here, Weasley?" Malfoy scoffed.

"I could ask you the same thing," said Ron.

Draco had gone to Pandora in hopes of finding the perfect engagement ring for Hermione. It was common knowledge that Draco had great taste in rings, but apparently, Ron disagreed.

"I'm looking for an engagement ring," Draco explained.

"Engagement ring! Who's it for?"

"Hermione."

Ron was flabbergasted. The last time he had seen Hermione was when he somehow apparated into Malfoy Manor during Fred and George's brawl.

"Things have progressed pretty quickly, huh?" Ron offered a shoulder nudge.

Draco rolled his eyes and continued looking at the selection of rings in front of him. He and Hermione had been official for only a few months, but they knew that they wouldn't settle for anyone else. There was no doubting the fact that they were meant for each other. Malfoy casually explained this to Weasley before telling him to go away.

"Hey, I'll have you know that I'm also here looking for an engagement ring," Ron huffed.

"For whom?" Draco asked.

"Lavender Brown, of course."

"I thought you broke things off with her years ago," Draco said, confused.

"Oh, I did. Right person, wrong time, you know? But we couldn't be happier together," Ron explained.

Draco smiled a bit at Ron's words. His and Lavender's relationship seemed a bit similar to Draco and Hermione's. Though it took them a while to work it out, they truly couldn't be any happier together.

"Well, good luck to the both of you," Draco said as he moved on to a different part of the store.

None of the rings had stuck out to him so far. He was beginning to lose hope when he caught a glimpse of a ring that he knew Hermione would love. It was thin, smooth, and had a delicate gold colour with three diamonds in the middle. One of the diamonds was just a little bit wider than the ring while the ones beside it were smaller and barely noticeable. Draco was overwhelmed with joy and walked out of the store with the ring in his pocket.

- To be continued in the second installment- Love at Second Punch -