Chapter 22 (H)

Draco went up to his balcony, he needed air. Lucius and Narcissa's news wasn't what he was expecting. Hermione had stayed by his side all during dinner. Malfoy felt bad for leaving her.

Draco loved Malfoy Manor, but he had never expected to spend the rest of his life in it. And now here he was, a huge house, and no idea what to do with it. Draco was eighteen, and here he was.

The french doors of the balcony opened and Hermione tentatively stepped out to join Malfoy. She placed her hands on the balcony railing, one of them resting on top of Draco's. Malfoy looked at Hermione, and then quickly turned away.

"What do you want in life?" Draco asked her.

"Why?" She asked in return. Draco sighed and looked out towards the horizon. The sun was setting. Brilliant oranges and magentas streaked the sky in wispy clouds.

"What do you want?" Malfoy asked again. Hermione finally understood.

"You do know that I'm a Gryffindor with the ambition of a Slytherin," Hermione chuckled. "But, you know, books and cleverness aren't all there is to me..." Draco looked into Hermione's eyes, and she was suddenly lost in them.

"You." She breathed. Malfoy tucked a loose strand of Hermione's hair behind her ear. She then kissed him, it was the softest kiss-- The softest kiss, yet also a kiss with more meaning than ever before. The kiss conveyed words that neither Draco or Hermione needed to say.

"I swear if my father shows up right now..." Draco said. Hermione laughed before their lips met again.

Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger knew that they were the ones. The ones for each other.

"I did know that I loved you-- Ever since you punched me all the way back in third year," Draco said after a few moments.

"It was love at first punch." Hermione giggled.

"It was also incredibly painful," Draco rubbed at his jaw teasingly. Hermione wrapped her arms around Malfoy's neck and the two of them watched as the sun slowly disappeared into a sea of clouds.

"Will you stay with me?" Draco put his hand on the side of Hermione's face.

"Always," Hermione whispered.

"You're willing to live with me here?" Draco asked. Hermione's hand met his and she stroked his thumb with hers.

"Yes," She said. "But Draco--" Hermione paused.

"What is it?" Malfoy searched Hermione's face for any sign of hesitation, but all he could see was the face of a person utterly bursting with joy and anticipation.

"One thing I've always dreamed of, always wanted..." Hermione stopped mid sentence.

"Anything for you," Draco whispered into Hermione's hair. She smiled.

"I've always wanted a wedding."