Chapter 18: Welcome to Beacon

Start from the beginning

Amelia was starting to question that too as they know their leader isn't always exactly open or understanding with his emotions. Sure he can be friendly and such, yet he can be clueless in things like love, he was the last one on the team, plus RWBY and JNPR, to notice the love the two had for each other. Amelia sighs knowing that is very unlikely. "No, probably not and I doubt it will be any time soon." Amelia said.

Felix groans and shakes his head in annoyance until his shot wide open as a lightbulb in his head goes off. "Unless we make him see it." Felix said, looking back at Amelia who picked up interest from the comment. "But how do we do that? He might think we are reading into nothing." Amelia said.

The strongest member of Team BLAK nodded his head in acceptance knowing that is the most likely answer, still he refused to stop that idea seconds after he came up with it. "Well maybe it all needs a push or two. Like changing the conversation, making sure they sit together, or just see how one of them sees the other." Felix giving a slight 'agree?' look on his face, like he needs confirmation.

Picking up on this Amelia gives the same look back, like earlier, yet it was reversed in timing, and smiles. "Well it is probably going to happen eventually, why not just speed up the process?" Amelia asked. The two smile as they plan on bringing the two Atlas kids together.

Meanwhile on the roof of Beacon there lies one ex-assassin, Luke, sitting on the edge of the roof looking at the sunrise, as he does every morning. He reaches into the pocket of his trench coat to hold the paper that is his most treasured item, and holds it with fondness and sorrow. Like looking at the picture hurts him when he is looking just as much as it does when he isn't looking at the thing he could hold in his hand.

Luke sighs watching the sun rise as he typically does each morning and caresses the paper in his hands. "Things have been getting crazy here at Beacon with my team and some others. Just yesterday we had this intense food fight and acted as if it was a war." Luke breaks down his façade of emotional unavailability to give a slight chuckle at how ridiculous that sounds out loud.

After a few seconds he remains quiet and gets more serious as he returns to his usual expressionless. "Blake seems to have been greatly affected by the incident in the docks. She spaces out, looks tired and has been looking like she is questioning stuff she shouldn't have too. Not at her age." Luke said, feeling great pity for his friend.

She was one of the first people Luke got to interact with in the White Fang and the two of them got along pretty well, despite stereotypes surrounding their race of Faunus. Both of them aren't much for conversation, they like reading books, and came out to each other with their sexuality with open arms. With how close they were it makes sense they could usually tell how the other is feeling and care for them. They are even close that Luke trusted her with a secret he couldn't tell another soul.

"I don't really know what to say to her. You probably would. She would tend to get more emotional with you than me, considering out of the two of us you would show more emotion and take more time to notice things about people you didn't know long. Anyway I just needed someone to vent too and I don't think Blake would be happy I was expressing my thoughts to my teammates. Especially since two of them are especially close with Blake's team and some can't keep a secret." Luke said. He remembers hearing Weiss whisper the truth of Blake to Jaune.

Knowing that the picture wouldn't give him any answers to his Blake problems he continues just talking to it. "I don't know why I always come here to talk to you in secret. I guess I just thought this would be the type of place you enjoy being at in the morning. You always liked tall places since it gave you an easier time seeing more of the world than if you were on the ground." Luke said looking at the view this spot gave him of Beacon and Vale.