Becoming an escort

Lacey

I awoke the next day, thinking about the previous night. That job assignment wasn't what I expected. I pulled on a robe, leaving the bedroom and going into the kitchen. I needed a cup of coffee.

I opened the top kitchen cabinets, finding a coffee cup. I placed it under the coffeemaker brewer. I grabbed a pod, setting it into the brewing station, making a cup of coffee. I stared at this coffeemaker, thinking if I wanted to continue performing this job.

After the coffee finished, I grabbed the cup as I heard the front door open and close. I turned to see the man from the diner whom Carter called Rafe.

"Do you always enter someone's home without knocking?" I questioned, sipping my coffee.

"Considering Carter owns the building and the girls live here, yes, I do," Rafe replied.

I watched Rafe walk over to the cabinet, pull out a mug, and brew a coffee cup. When the machine finished, he turned to me.

"How was the first job?" Rafe questioned me, sipping his coffee.

"When you offered me a modeling job, I didn't know it meant sex," I replied.

"Most people frown upon the business we conduct. The escort business is better than people understand," Rafe informed me.

"It's prostitution," I counter. "I'm not a whore." My tone is curt and to the point.

"The escort business differs from prostitution. You don't sleep with every client. The jobs vary with each client," Rafe explained.

"Do you expect me to believe the line of bullshit that you're handing me?" I asked. My body tensed with our interaction.

"Lacey, it's not bullshit. The difference between our company and others is that we're honest about what we do," Rafe said.

I scoffed at Rafe's audacity. I wasn't book smart, but I knew when someone handed me bullshit. When you live in a homeless shelter, you learn not to trust anyone. I didn't trust Rafe or Carter.

Rafe set his cup down on the countertop and walked towards me. We faced each other.

"I know you disagree with our explanation. That's fine, but I assure you that this life is better than the life you had in the homeless shelter. We take care of you, providing you with everything. You'll never want for anything," Rafe told me.

I had my doubts. I learned a long time ago that no one cares about you.

I heard a knock at the door and answered it. I saw a middle-aged man standing there, holding his hands in front of him. Rafe walked out of the kitchen and over to the front door.

"Lacey, this is Joe. We assigned him as your bodyguard," Rafe informed me.

I looked at Rafe, then Joe.

"Good morning, Lacey," Joe greeted me with an accent.

"You have an accent," I mentioned.

"Yes, ma'am, I do," Joe agreed.

I looked at Joe with confusion, who smiled.

"I grew up in Ireland and moved to the United States when I was a teen," Joe explained.

"Oh," I said, feeling foolish.

Rafe excused himself and left, leaving Joe and me to get acquainted with each other. I walked back into the kitchen to drink my coffee. Joe followed me.

"I understand this situation confuses you," Joe mentioned.

I drank my coffee. I didn't understand any of this situation. Rafe claims one thing, then acts differently and was a walking contradiction.

I finally spoke. "Confusion doesn't explain most of it. I don't understand any of it. Carter and Rafe lied to me." My tone was angry.

Joe looked at me with compassion.

"I'm sorry, I don't know you, and you don't deserve my anger," I apologized.

"It's understandable," Joe said.

There was something about Joe that differed from Carter and Rafe. My phone beeped, and I picked it up, opening the text message. The message had instructions about my next assignment. I sighed, not wanting to do the job.

Joe left a short while later, and I kept myself busy until I had to get ready. I walked into a living room and saw a bookcase with books on it. I pulled out a book and sat down on the couch. I opened the book, not understanding most of what the words meant. I closed it, setting it down on the coffee table. How will I communicate with people if I didn't understand what they said?

Rafe

I strolled into the office as the girls greeted me. I made my way to Carter's office and sat down in a chair in front of her desk. Carter finished up a phone call, replacing the receiver in the cradle.

"How is the new girl?" Carter inquired.

"Uneducated and inexperienced," I answered.

Carter looked at me.

"It takes time to prepare Lacey and much work," I said.

"Then you work with Lacey. She has potential. The greatest asset is that she keeps her mouth shut. I want to use it," Carter told me.

"We need to educate Lacey and teach her well. Sending her into business functions would ruin our plans," I explained.

"Then educate Lacey. I don't need questions. I need results," Carter demanded.

I nodded as I stood up. After leaving the office, I met with one girl to discuss her job. I had to refine Lacey even more if we would succeed in our plan. Carter was moving into a territory that required planning. It was a hard transition, but Lacey was the key to making it happen.

Lacey

I got ready for my job, and Joe arrived today to pick me up. He drove me to the address. When I got out of the car, he followed me to the door of the house. I rang the doorbell, and a woman answered.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked.

"I'm here for company," I answered with the phrase given to me.

"And who is the man with you?" The woman asked.

"I'm Cherry's bodyguard," Joe replied.

"Mr. Hathaway didn't expect another person," the woman informed us.

"Sorry, ma'am, but if I can't go with Cherry, she doesn't stay. It's a rule," Joe informed the woman.

"Very well," the woman said, standing aside as we entered the house. Joe stayed near the front door as the woman showed me to a room.

I walked into the office to find a man sitting at his desk. He glanced at us and waved the woman off. She left, closing the door behind her. The man gestured to me as I walked over to him. He swiveled his office chair and reached under my skirt, pulling down my panties. I said nothing but stood there.

The man ran his hand up my leg until he found my sweet spot, then started touching me. I kept quiet as I allowed him to fondle me. As he used one hand on me, he undid his pants, removing his prick. I watched the man place a condom on and pull me onto his lap as he screwed me. It was quick, unlike the other man. The man finished and removed himself from me. He fixed his pants, and I set my skirt, retrieving my panties.

"You can go now," the man said, going back to his work.

Saying nothing, I left the office. Joe escorted me out and took me home. I sat in the backseat, wondering why the man spoke very little to me. Is that all I'm suitable for with someone? I felt used and discarded.

After I arrived home, I walked into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I can see why Carter and Rafe chose me. I came from a broken home and barely graduated high school. I didn't understand this life. If I left this job, I would return to the homeless shelter. If I continued with it, I could earn money to live a better life. I have no life skills and didn't understand how to manage my finances. This decision screwed me, and I accepted it. What did I do?