A unique business

Vincent

After my morning meeting, I took care of a business deal. George called me to inform me that the investors weren't budging. That didn't please me. I supposed I would need to try a new tactic. They would find out firsthand how ruthless I could be.

Once my morning meeting finished, Cruz drove me to my office. I had Emmy ready everything for me, along with George waiting for me with the financials.

Cruz parked the car in the car garage, and we exited the vehicle, walking towards the elevator. We stepped on it and took it to the floor to my office, along with a conference room. The doors opened as Emmy met me with a cup of coffee.

People stood as I walked past them towards the conference room. As I entered, I found the investors waiting for me, along with George. Emmy closed the door as I set my cup down on the table.

"Gentlemen, I intend to keep this brief since I have someplace to be. You have all invested in the stock of companies owned by John Stanley. I have offered you a very lucrative offer you disregarded," I informed them. They all smiled, thinking they had the upper hand.

"Thus, I have bought out all your companies and reallocated your employees," I explained. Their expressions contorted into shock. I signaled to George, who distributed papers to each of them.

"You can't do this," one investor claimed.

"I can, and I did," I corrected him. "I also informed the securities of your business dealings. I provided them with accurate information. As of now, you own nothing. Your stock in John Stanley's companies are worthless," I told them as they sat there speechless.

"Gentlemen, please see yourselves out," Cruz instructed them. They all rose from their seats and left the conference room.

Once they exited the building, I picked up my cup as Emmy emerged, closing the door behind her.

"George and Emmy, you're moving every single one of their employees to new offices and positions. Make sure all their benefits packages are intact and distribute a bonus to each of them. Inform them they are my employees now," I instructed them.

"Yes, Mr. Powers," they both said as they both left the conference room, leaving Cruz and me alone.

Cruz tried to hide his smile. I looked at him. "What?"

"This wouldn't have to do anything with Miss Powell, would it?" He questioned me as I looked at him.

"Sometimes we have to look out for the little guy who gets lost in the shuffle during business deals. They suffer when they are loyal to a company. You should reward loyalty, not disregard it," I answered as he looked at me. I knew what he's thinking and didn't want to admit he's right. Hell, I would never admit Cruz was right.

"Let's go home, Cruz," I told him as he nodded. We left the conference room while my mug of coffee sat on top of the table, half drank.

Lacey

I kept myself busy while Vincent was busy. I cleaned up, then made some food. I pulled out a cookbook and looked for a recipe. I decided on something simple, making steak fajitas. It had been a while since I had some.

I gathered all the ingredients along with the meat. I sliced everything up and prepared it while I got two pans ready with hot oil. There was one for the meat and one for the vegetables. Once it was hot enough, I placed them in their perspective pans.

As I cooked, I heard someone say, "Smells delicious."

I turned to see Vincent standing at the doorway of the kitchen. "That was a quick meeting."