The beach house

Lacey

After Vincent showed me the room where I would sleep, he fixed dinner for us. He cooks? It was by far the strangest situation.

I watched him prepare everything and cook food; then we sat at a table to eat. I took a bite, surprised by how delicious it is.

"This is great," I complimented him.

"You're the first person I have ever cooked for," he remarked as I looked at him, confused.

"You never cooked for other women?"

"No, I usually took them out to dinner. I only ever cooked for myself," Vincent answered.

"It's delicious," offering him a simple smile as I watched a smile curl upon his lips. So he smiles. That was interesting.

We finished eating, then cleaned up. Once we finished, I explored the house. Looking around the living room, I saw pictures of Vincent along with other people. They must be his family. The only images I have with Rafe, Joe, and me.

They were like my family, and I missed them, even if I'm still angry with them.

Vincent walked over to me. "Is this your family?" I asked.

"Yes," Vincent answered.

"Do you ever see them?" I questioned.

"No, I haven't spoken to my parents in years," he murmured. I noticed a tinge of pain in his voice.

I noticed a girl in one picture.

"Who's the girl?" I asked as he looked at it.

"My sister," he whispered. By the sound of his voice, I could tell he didn't want to talk about his family. I didn't press him since it was none of my business. I understand not digging into someone's past. I know I didn't want anyone to do it with me.

I moved away from him and looked at the room, taking in every detail. Vincent is a walking contradiction. The man I met differed from the one I'm witnessing now. Something told me I would find out more than I bargained for with Vincent.

Later that night, I went to bed. I felt exhausted. I found some clothes to change into and crawled into bed, lying there. My eyelids became heavy, drifting off to sleep. An hour later, I felt something crawling into bed with me, waking me, only to have lips on mine.

Vincent worked me out of my clothes. He did the same with himself before making his way between my legs and inside of me. He slid his hands into mine, interlocking our fingers as he moved inside of me while his lips held mine.

This time felt different. It wasn't rough like the last few times and a lot more gentle. This time wasn't only sex; it was slower and more intense. He made love to me. I knew the difference. At that moment, I felt something for Vincent I didn't expect.

He moved his hand from mine as he caressed my body while our bodies moving together in sync. It lasted longer than expected until we both found our release. I opened my eyes to see him looking at me in a more vulnerable way. At that moment, I felt things I shouldn't, including love, but I did.

That was not part of our deal.

Vincent

I watched as Lacey went up to her room. I didn't want her to go. When she asked me about the people in the pictures, her questions didn't annoy me. I didn't enjoy acting with her. I know we have a contract, but I didn't expect to develop feelings for her.

I heard her door closed and made my way to my room. By keeping separate rooms, it enabled me to keep her at a distance. All I wanted is a month to be with someone with no complications. I had enough difficulties in dealing with my life. It was the perfect arrangement. Sign a contract and pretend to be a couple. When it was over, we would go our separate ways.

I looked for someone to fulfill my need, and when Cruz handed me that card. I knew it would be perfect. I didn't expect someone like Lacey.

I went into my room and changed, climbing into bed. I lay there for an hour before I became restless. Getting up, I entered Lacey's bedroom. She was already asleep. I climbed into bed, hoping I could be close to her, until I pressed my lips to hers as she responded.

At that moment, I didn't stop and made love to her. I didn't want to have sex, but something meaningful. Having sex wasn't an issue. She never denied me and allowed me to do as I pleased, but this time I wanted more.

Being inside of her was worth it, but feeling her body against mine was even better. When I finished making love to her, she opened her eyes as I looked into them. At that moment, I knew this wasn't a contract of pretending. It was more than that, and I wanted more with her.

Lacey

I awoke thinking I had some weird dream about last night. It wasn't possible. No way did Vincent make love to me until I felt movement and turned to see him asleep next to me.

I looked at Vincent as his hair laid upon his forehead. He looked different when he wasn't a pompous ass. That thought made me giggle. Then he awoke.

"Morning," he mumbled.

"Morning," I replied.

He rolled over onto his back as he rubbed his face. I looked at him. I never realized his build or the sharpness of his jawline. I'm used to seeing him in dress clothes except for yesterday.

He reached over and pulled me to him as he pressed his lips to mine before finding his way inside of me. We moved together as I flipped him on his back and sat up on top of him. I rocked back and forth while he followed my movements, reaching and pulling my lips to his.

As we continued, we went as long as we could until we both exploded. I climbed off Vincent and laid down as I pulled the covers over me.

"Don't," he spoke. He moved the covers down while he ran his hand across my breasts. "I enjoy feeling you against my hand and seeing you like this."

"About last night," I mentioned as he continued to caress me while looking at me.

"Did you not enjoy it?" He spoke in a seductive voice.

"I did, but I don't believe that's part of the contract," I reminded him.

"I've made some alterations to the contract," he spoke as he looked at me. "I'll treat this as a genuine relationship."

I gave him a look as he leaned down and kissed me. This was more than about the contract, and the deal became void after last night. I didn't care about the agreement. There was something about Vincent that made me rethink things. I hope no matter what that I didn't regret it.