1. Way too big [with the complaining director, Samantha.]

Почніть із самого початку

His lanky figure almost lost balance when I pushed him.
I began walking after shutting my door.

"And don't be stupid next time, always call me instead of knocking on my door. You have a phone for a reason" I said without looking back.

I heard him mutter something but I chose to ignore it. I'll deal with him later. He'll know who's the boss around here.

Hoping down the stairs, I spotted my sister on the dining table, reading as always.

On reaching the gate, I greeted the security with the usual, "Hey yo, what's up?"
And the elderly man Shook his head and laughed, flashing me his crooked, black and yellow, incomplete teeth that have been ruined with several years of smoking I suppose.

I opened the gate to find a very sweaty, tired-looking, Samantha leaning on the wall.
"Why do you look like you're about to pass out?" I asked, raising one eyebrow inquiringly.
"Because I am, now move away so I can come in." She said panting as she pushed me to the side.

"Can you imagine, I trekked all the way from my mom's shop to this place. Talk about stress" she complained.

She said a greeting, "good afternoon sir " to the gateman and cringed when he replied.
" Good Afternoon big madam"
I chuckled. Samantha would never get used to the teeth.

"Afternoonnnnn" Samantha Said as she ran into the house.
I let out a peal of loud laughter and followed her in.

"Eliza, what's up?" Samantha Said to my sister, Elizabeth.

Elizabeth looked up from her book, a very bored look was what she gave us.
"My name is Elizabeth, And I'm good, as you can see," she said, her face neutral.

"What are you reading anyway? You're Always reading. Don't you do anything else?" Samantha asked sincerely.

"I'm reading to ace my exams, it's what smart people do." Elizabeth retorted.

"What the f-" I clamped my hand over Samantha's mouth and dragged her upstairs. I didn't want them arguing when grandma was just upstairs sleeping.

Samantha gave Elizabeth the look that says I'm-gonna-get-back-at-you. Elizabeth looked at us and Shaked her head and muttered something incoherent.

Now in my room, I finally released Samantha.
"You know how Elizabeth is, just ignore her," I said
"Whatever" she rolled her eyes and slumped on my bed.

"Now what's up with you and your mom?" I asked, sitting on the couch in my room. While Samantha was sprawled on my bed.

She grabbed the bottled water on my nightstand.
"Why does this water look like you drank it 4 days ago?" She asked, inspecting the water.

"Ode, " I laughed.
"Something I just opened not so long ago, it's safe to drink," I assured.

"Now I have to drink your saliva " she cringed but drank the water anyway. Gulping it down till the last drop. Then she gagged. I sighed.

"Aha, my mom! She wants me to go and learn a skill Since I'm lazy, fat, and good for nothing. According to her" Samantha explained, holding a pillow to her chest.

"Oh wow. So what skill do you want to learn?" I asked.

Samantha stared at me like I was an alien with two heads.
She sat up and rested her back on the bed rest, pulling the pillow to her lap.
"Wait oh. Nao, are you serious right now?"

I shrugged, "I simply asked a question."

" Now you're on my mom's side?. You're actually saying I should go and learn a skill. After school closes, instead of me going home, eat and sleep. I'll go to learn a skill, " Samantha always made emphasis on the skill part. Even doing the air quote.

I rubbed my temple. "Chill out. I only asked What skill you would like to learn?"

Samantha groaned, "You know I don't want to learn a skill. I don't want to work either. I just want to ..." She seemed to be thinking of the perfect word.
I raised an eyebrow, an amused smile tugging on my lips.
"... okay I don't know but I'll think of something "
I laughed. Typical Samantha.
She joined me in laughing
" I really don't want stress." She pulled the pillow to her chest.
"I know, I know"

"Enough with this serious talk, let's watch music videos" I suggested, opening my laptop. Samantha played BODY- Megan thee stallion.
And that was our jam. I got up, Samantha did too.
We danced, twerked (rubbish twerking by the way), and did that Megan thee stallion's choreography.

Until Samantha's phone rang, she panicked, picked the call, and put it on speaker.

"Onyeka ikechukwu, where are you?" Samantha's mom's voice boomed.

"Close to the shop." She replied, swallowing a lump that suddenly formed in her throat.
"Where exactly are you and why did you go out when there are lots of customers to attend to?"

"I'm close to the shop ma, and I went out to buy water. I was thirsty." Samantha lied smoothly, surprisingly.

"You went out to buy water when there's a dispenser in the shop? E bu onye ara(are you a mad person?)
I'm giving you 5 minutes, I want to see you here with the water you went to buy. Do you hear me?"

"Yes, ma." She swallowed, dread evident in her eyes.

Immediately she cut the call, Samantha groaned And fell on the bed in frustration. I heard a squick sound, I just hope my bed isn't broken.

"I need to start saving money to leave this country," Samantha said.
"We both need to," I added.
"Can I get bottled water from your fridge? So at least she'll believe I really went out to buy water. I better start going back to shop."

With a smug smile firmly plastered on my face, I bowed "Of course, milady. I'm still wondering how you'll get to shop in 5 minutes though."
Samantha threw a pillow at me, "arrrrghhh, I'm gonna kill you ." got up and started running after me as I raced down the stairs laughing like a maniac cause Samantha is going to be in deep shit today.

Say hello to Samantha, people.