1. Way too big [with the complaining director, Samantha.]

1.// WAY TOO BIG ;[with the complaining director, Samantha]

Rap music blasted in my ears through my headphones as I struggled to get my assignment done.
It was of no use, I had little or no idea what we were taught in class and it wasn't my fault.
We have a very confusing chemistry teacher. It's either she explains way too much or doesn't explain enough.
And today, she didn't explain enough.

Like you were paying any attention...

Oh well. Heaven knows I've tried my best. At least others Won't even remember we have an assignment.

Self-deceit...

Flinging my book to the side, I picked up my phone and logged into my WhatsApp.

I had a few unread messages. Most of them from group chats.
A few from my best friends, haliya and Samantha. And my cousin, Maximus.

Opening the group chat of my best friends. And just in case you're wondering who the admin is?
I am. A major achievement, I tell you.

Three idiots😂❤️
Haliya😘: girls, I'm bored out of my freaking mind. My parents won't even let me take a walk😪

Samantha😌❤️: take a walk sounds lyk (I wanna go c my boyfrnd) 2 me☺️

Me: *peeks from behind the curtain*
The queen has arrived. The one and only. Naomi Campbell. Drum roll somebody.😌

Haliya😘: the day you'll have sense, we must do party. And Sam, puhlease. I told you a thousand times already. He's not my boyfriend. I just like him.

Samantha😌❤️: 1st up, Nao M cumin 2 ur hux rite nw. Using chemistry ass as xcuse 2 get out of dis hell hole.
I tire 4 my mummy o😪. nd haliya. Duhhhh. Na so E dey take Start. nd my name is Samantha oh, not sam. M a girl

Me: buy something when you're coming. And learn to start typing like a normal person, please I beg you.

Samantha😌❤️: Bayern Munich😂 beta lemme.

Haliya 😘: I'll talk to you girls later. I'm going to the mosque to pray.

Samantha😌❤️: Ok Na. Sha dn't use style 2 branch 2 his hux.😉

Me: ode

Samantha😌❤️ : Nao, is ur mom @ home?

Me: no, why?

Samantha😌❤️ : ntn oh. I'm already at ur gate, cum downstairs

Me: all this while, you were walking and texting?? Okada never jam you before Sha. I'm coming. And what the hell is "ntn, cum"? Type Normally, you human girl with a tiny brain.!!

To be honest, the way Samantha types can give you headache.
Serious one.
* * *
Trying to lift myself from the bed without rolling to the side proved Futile, as usual. I rolled to the side and fell to the ground with a thud.
"Ouch," I winced and got up. First on my knees, before standing straight.
I removed my headphones and kept it on my reading table.

Shoving my phone in my back pocket, I opened my room door and almost had a heart attack.
"Eric!!!!" I shrieked. "Don't ever scare me like that again!..." I regained my composure and adjusted my clothes.
"... What are you doing here by the way?"

"First of all, my name is Ericson. And secondly, I have been knocking and calling for the past 10 minutes. Did you go deaf for a while or something?" My loud-mouthed 12-year-old brother spewed garbage from his mouth.
Cause if this isn't garbage, I don't know what else to call it.

I gave him a long look
"What?" He questioned.

"I don't have your time this evening Eric. Get out of my sight" I said and pushed him to the side.