Chapter 63

The rest of the day flew by the same. Running Last minute checks through the jewelry and booking for the next events. The hall was full of both the families guests and loud chatter about possibly all the topics from around the world. I felt slightly uneasy not having seen Sidharth almost all day, the void of the constant laughs and smiles we'd had together the past few days was irreplaceable. We were possibly the happiest and most at ease put pf everyone attending the wedding breaking the stereotypical over stressed couple look. I relax back into the chair letting them fix up my hair into a slick bun to keep it out of my face whilst I was getting my mehndi. The jewelry however was much to heavy to wear all night yet my constant requests of changing it were ignored. I'd managed to replace the earrings giving my ears a sense of relief but I knew it be irritated to no end by the heavy necklace and mang tikka especially once I possibly couldn't remove it by myself. I change into the outfit amidst the chaos currently being held right outside my room. Baaz and Khushal had apparently forgotten to pick up one of dads friends from the airport. The shouting was enough to tell me that they were important. I walk down the hall finding my emotional mother sitting with the small pictures she always kept pf me and Baaz in her hand. Smiling, I pull her into a quick embrace hastily wiping away the tears striking her face. "Racoon lggo ge photos mein agar aise rote rahe toh. Fir mujhe hi complain kroge ki kaisa faltu photographer bulaya tha" I mumble letting out a quick giggle to hide away myself getting emotional. Yes my family hadnt been there to the fullest but they were still my family. One I loved and will love to no end, especially my mom. She supported me through things better left unnumbered, giving me everything she herself hadnt been given as a child. She playfully slapping my cheek giving me a hearty laugh before showing me the picture she'd held. "Yeh maasi ki mehndi ki hai na?" I ask looking at the pose I'd held. I mentally chuckle knowing I was copying a pose I'd seen someone else hold. Mom nodded looking keenly at the picture herself. "Tujhe uske har kadam ki copy krni thi, shaadi mein bhi ro di thi ki meri kyun nhi ho rahi. Ajj hai tab bhi wohi pagalpan kr rahi hai subah se, tension ka naamo nishan nhi hai chehre pe" she mumbled wrapping her arms around me yet again. "Meri shaadi pe main tension lungi toh pictures achi nhi ayengi na?" I joke giving her back the small picture. She gave me a glare taking only seconds to melt it into a laugh as we headed downstairs. The ruckus seemed to have been solved, the entire hall chiming with smiling faces. I sat against the small platform making myself comfortable in the chair I was given. Scanning the room I found everyone but who I was looking for, the reason pretty apparent the next second. He stood in the far end with Dadu and dad seemingly calming whatever makeshift storm they were facing. He turned around sticking his phone to his ear as he headed over, his face lit with the smile he'd let stretch along his lips as out eyes met.

"Hi Baby" he whispered quickly sneaking in a kiss to my cheeks. I pass him a smile holding up my lehnga slightly as told. I was glad my feet were getting done first. "Kahan tha poora din?" I mumble as he sits down on the arm rest watching the ladies set up a few cones. "Airport, idhar rehta toh dimag ghum jaata mera kuch ghanto mein hi." He responded looking over at Khushal and Jai who were currently stepping onto stage, Maahi npt far behind.

K - "Tujhe kis ne allow kiya idhar rehna? Shaadi tak romance chodo, dekhna bhi mnna hai, hai na Jai?"

J - "Wohi toh, mere baari mein toh khud hi kheench te leke jaata raha stage se aur abhi khud aaram se baitha hai. Chal uth tu bhi, kuch kaam mein help krva le, idhar koi mtlb hai nhi vaise bhi tera"

I chuckle looking at the exasperated look on Sidharths face. Both Khushal and Jai had been hell bent on disturbing almost every little interaction we got and I knew it was starting to annoy him to some end. "Maahi yr, itna kya tar sya hua hai tune isko jo mujhe apni wali k saath 2 minute baat bhi nhi krne deta?" Sidharth questioned finding her step onto the platform. I give him a nudge looking back at Maahi who was probably thinking of a fitting reply.

K - "Chup chap chal nhi toh Maasi ko bula k laata hu abhi, ache se bhejengi tujhe aur idhar poora time lookout bhi rakhengi"

Sidharth huffed joining them over to the drinks leaving me and Maahi indulged in a short conversation about the mehndi itself.  "Sidharth ko naam mat dikhana Suhaag raat tak, thoda bohut fun toh bnta hai na?" She chimed clearly having forgotten about who exactly we were talking about.

S - "Tujhe lgta hai woh zyada der dimaag ya focus lgayga? 5 minute mein nhi mila toh kisi na kisi tareeke se mere se bulwa hi lega"

M - "Toh tu bhi kasam de diyo khud dhundne ki, teri kasam nhi todega."

I smile knowing how true that genuinely was. I could practically just play around with him using the same and he'd follow along not saying a word against what I was doing. I always loved it too, the sheer gesture of him following through even without believing in them first had had always stuck out to me. 

Two hours later I sat alone, watching over the groups of kids running around the entire hall as my hands were starting to getting worked upon. There was possibly never a time before when I'd been so tired from just sitting in one place. My feet were already almost dry, the henna having been finished half an hour ago. The short break in between making me regret not having called for food earlier. Both moms were busy in greeting people and explaining a few necessities to everyone around and Maahi, Preeti and Neetu di seemed to be busy trying to look for the three musketeers that had seemingly joined one of the kids groups, running around to some other corner of the hall. Sighing I slumped back into the seat, my throat felt dry and my stomach was churning with hunger. I see Khushal cross in front of the stage taking the moment to ask for some food or maybe even just a drink considering I couldnt feed myself. He gave me a nod heading down the hall to arrange the same. I beam seeing Sidharth return, holding a plate of food and some water evidently having been told I needed the same. "Maahi kaha gyi?" He questioned offering me a sip. "Woh Riyan aur Riyan ko dhundna hai, pta nhi kidhar bhaag gye. Raunak bhi abhi mili thodi der pehle." I respond before taking a quick sip. He nodded simply forwarding a morsel to my lips. The conversation kept minimal all throughout. Not that it mattered much of course. Words were secondary, they always had been. The mere presence of him there was enough to bring me out of the jitters of something going awfully wrong.