Chapter 42

I step out of the washroom fixing up the lose strands of my hair as I start walking back to the table. My feet slightly piercing with pain, blisters almost a definite for whenever I took them off. I look down at my phone swiping the reoccurring messages. I step up the stairs pulled back suddenly with a harsh pull. I let out a gasp, screaming right after but the blaring music hushed my pleas. A hand clenched against my mouth the next minute the gross stench of cigarettes and alcohol making it harder for me to breath. My stomach churned feeling the rough hand grip my body, the frail dress not thick enough to keep from letting me feel his hand. I jabbed my elbow against whoever was behind me hard enough to make his hold lose. Biting into his hand I jab him
Again making him fall to the floor behind me. I turned back glaring at the exact person I'd never thought would stoop this low. I kicked his crotch making sure my heel pushed against it keeping him on the floor while I begun to pace back go the table. I needed to leave before this got worse. "Not so fast my love, itni bhi kya jaldi hai uske oaas jaane ki? School time se leke abhi tak, uske peeche hi rahi ho, 5 saal pehle finally tum dono ko door kiya, socha ki Abhi finally youll be mine. Everything was done, I was going to marry you, we'd live happily ever after lekin uske rehte koi khush ho jye aisa ho hi nhi skta. He came back and yet again you followed him like a fucking idiot. What the fuck does he have that I dont?!!" He screamed getting back up, twisting my arm against my back, his fingers digging into the skin. I pierce my lips holding back from letting the tears flow. He didn't deserve them. Taking a deep breath I quickly slid the screen I'd already opened to dialling Sidharth. I cursed myself mentally for throwing myself into a ditch each and every time. Every single friend I'd make that Sidharth was opposed to did me the same. They betrayed the trust due to the sheer jealousy and envy they held for Sidharth. Karan was part of the plan that led me to almost die. He'd known everything throughout explaining the reason to his sudden panic when I started to actually talk to Sidharth. He stood flush against my back dropping his lips to my bare shoulder. I let out another shriek hoping someone would hear it over the ruckus. Sidharth still hadn't answered his phone. I dial it again making sure Karan didn't see me doing so. I winced in disgust feeling his free hand reach the thin strap to my dress, his fingers fiddling with the zipper against my back. "Tch tch.... phirse zaroorat prne pe nhi aaya, how convenient. Ab kaise bachogi? 5 years.. 5 long years I waited for you to give me a piece of yourself but you? All you ever did was cry about your love. You pushed me away each and every time but today? You cant even do that can you?" He seethed pressing my hand further into my back. I froze, my body shutting down just like it had back in the room. My mind telling my to push him off but my limbs seem to have gave up, panic riling through my body. I let the tears flow waiting on Sidharth to just arrive. I close my eyes whispering the prayer that had gotten me through this each and every time, one I used whenever I fought away the panic. I took a deep breath very discretely tying my leg around his while shuffling my torso to bring his focus to only keeping his hold on my arm. I give it all I had jabbing my back further into him with a force while I slid my hand away and pulled my leg forward dropping him on the floor, his head just slightly hitting the edge of the stair. I fix my dress walking up another stair only to let my ankle be caught by the leech on the floor. He eyes hazy from both the times I'd pushed him off. I pull my foot away trying to rid his hold from my already sore foot.

Si - "Shehnaazz?!"

I look up finding all 5 of them staring back at my disheveled state. I let out a soft whimper letting my eyes meet his as he inched forward, eyes going red along with his face in a matter of seconds. Karan was off the floor too, purposely sliding his hand over my leg with the almost audible smug smirk. "Maahi? Do minute isse dekh please?" He rasped pulling Karan away by his collar. I stood dazed out of the moment, nothing really mattered. I was going to feel disgusted no matter what happened here. I could hear the punches driven through his face along with the constant yelling of threats. Sidharth was never someone to play with especially with things like these. There was a reason everyone wanted him, and this may just be one of them. But I wanted to get out I'd the whole scene as fast as I could. The sight of his now pale face instilled the same panic I'd felt a few minutes back. I blinked seeing the blaring club go completely dark and silent. I didn't fall unconscious but I wasnt far from it either. The sobs deepened by the second. I hated the look of sympathy on everyones faces.
I didn't want that. Peering open my eyes I made my way down to where Sidharth stood, his knuckles bleeding from the very obvious punch to the metal door and the now half unconscious leech. "sidharthh..." I muster whispering his name the loudest I could. He looked back at me leaving the collar he'd had a hold on for the past 10 minutes. I felt him walk closer grab my hands in his before pulling me into the home of his arms. "Bas bas.... shh hogya, fighter hai tu aise kyun royegi? Huh? Its all okay baby" he whispered while I continued to cry against his chest. He picked me up letting my head remain where it was while his hands covered the slightly unzipped dress. I sat as still as a stone the entire drive not even responding to him the whole 30 minutes. I couldn't quite grasp why I was so disturbed, I'd fought through it but the feel of his hands still made my stomach churn in the ugliest possible way. I hated every single bit of it, my shoulder having remnants of the way his hands dug into my forearm not providing me the leisure to relax for even a second. Sidharth came over to my door picking me up before heading up the stairs to the apartment. I close my eyes wriggling out if his hold the moment he put me down. It felt wrong, completely wrong being held like that. Treated like nothing had just happened. I ran into the room going to slam the door but he came in between pushing it back open as he stepped in. I clenched my eyes shut sliding to the floor, letting out the whimpers clogging my throat. He walked up crouching right beside me. "Kya hogya baby? Why are you crying? Tu aise kyun roh rahi hai? Kuch nhi hua na? Kiya usne kuch? Hmm-" he mumbled hesitating slightly at the last question. I looked up at him pulling my knees closer into me than they already were. "H..He touched me....dekh nishan hai. He dirtied me Sidharthhhh..M-main bhag bhi nhi py-
Aur wo- he was trying to kiss m" I pause the words silenced by the cries. Sidharth sat down beside me pulling me over his legs, cradling me like you would cradle a baby. "He was trying to right? Tune nhi hone diya, you're stronger than this Shehnaaz. Ill make sure he pays for this. I promise. Dont blame yourself for this please... meri bhi glti hai na? Main nhi aaya jab tune call ki, I took longer than I shouldve. Im sorry I-"