Mission

"So is everybody ready?" Erza asks.

"No, I'm waiting on Juvia. She wouldn't take no for an answer," Gray responds, crossing his arms over his chest in fake annoyance.

I'm leaning against Natsu as Juvia runs up to us dragging Touka in tow. Both Wendy and Erza immediately face me to gauge my reaction but I keep my composure cool.

"Hey, sorry I'm late! Touka has never been on a mission so I thought it would be cool if she joined us."

I don't say anything. Erza does however.

"Welcome to Fairy Tail Touka! I'm Erza, that's Wendy, Happy, Charle, Gray, as you know, Natsu, and his wife Lucy," she says putting emphasis on the word wife. Funny how easily Erza can communicate that to the new girl but Natsu can't.

"Hi, everyone, I'm Touka. It's so wonderful to meet you all. I watched you guys in the grand magic games and it has been a dream of mine to join this guild ever since," she says in a small cute voice. Of course she has a cute voice. She's cute after all. Which makes it really hard to hate her. Kind of like how I could never hate Lisanna. But Lisanna is different. Lisanna backed off.

Well, maybe I should cut her some slack. It's not like she knew he was married. Maybe she'll back off now that she knows.

I decide to put it behind me and welcome her warmly, "I'm so glad you followed your dreams and became a member of Fairy Tail!"

The group looks at me but they don't say anything. They just smile and pretend that this isn't extremely awkward. Except for Juvia. She's not pretending. She has no idea that this is awkward at all.

The quest is pretty straightforward. We are looking for a treasure that was thrown off the port at Hargeon. A man was being robbed and the treasure was too special so he threw it into the sea and now he needs our help to find it.

"I hate trains," Natsu groans.

"Me too," Wendy whines.

He lays in my lap in perfect synchronization with Wendy resting in Erza's. Touka looks at the window and averts her eyes from us at all costs while Juvia clings to Gray. Even Charle and Happy and nestled against each other. For the first time they actually look like cats all cocooned in a cute furry ball of purring fluff. It lasts all of five seconds before Charle opens her mouth and says, "you're on my tail you dumb cat!"

"Sorry!" He shrieks.

Once we are in Hargeon, Erza leads us to a hotel to put our belongings up before we begin searching. This is the hotel that Natsu and I first slept in the same bed in. And on our way out of Hargeon, this is where he kissed me for the first time. It feels just like yesterday, we were just friends and then all of a sudden we were kissing.

Natsu's mood shifts into a happier place once we are off the train.

I breathe the salty air in deeply, "I always did like Hargeon you know," I glance over at Natsu as the wind blows his pink locks all over the place.

"Yeah?" He puts an arm over my shoulder, "me too."

To an outsider it doesn't sound sweet, but I know it was meant to be. He remembers. This is where we met. Where we kissed. Where we saved the world. It's a special place.

Once we are checked in and our bags are in the room, I change into my Aquarius star dress and press a kiss against Natsu's cheek.

"I'm going to meet Juvia at the beach. We will be able to find this treasure in no time. Especially with Aquarius' help."

"I'll meet you there, first I gotta find Happy. No telling where Charle has dragged him off too. Never mind Charle. The fish. He's probably in a fish dazed stupor walking the streets like a foaming at the mouth cat zombie."