Chapter 4: The First Step Part 1

Start from the beginning

Ruby suddenly gets nervous as she sees her sister's point. "Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your team or Amelia's..." Ruby said. "Well I was planning on maybe working with someone else. So I could meet more people, have more of a chance to make new friends and-" Amelia was saying until Yang cut her off. "You just want to be partners with Felix, don't you?" Yang asked, smirking, making Amelia faintly blush. "S-Shut up n-now Yang!" Amelia stutters.

Yang brings her hair around her shoulder and starts stroking it as Amelia looks away. "Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?" Yang asked her young sister. "My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?" Ruby asked. "Oh, she is straight forward!" Amelia said. "What? No! Of course I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!" Yang said. "She does have a point Ruby, one of your three new friends is your friend because he knows me." Amelia said.

"What the-?! I don't need to 'break out of my shell'! That's absolutely-" Ruby was saying until she was cut off by Jaune. "Ridiculous!" Jaune said. He suddenly walked in between the sisters and their cousin, holding a map and looking lost. "There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?" Jaune asked himself.

Meanwhile Bruce was using a sharpening stone to sharpen the blade of his sword while Felix was retrieving his gauntlets from his locker. "Sooooo..." Felix said slipping one of his gauntlets on. Bruce momentarily stops sharpening the blade to his sword and looks at his new friend. "Yeah?" Bruce asked.

"Your brother is Dean Kingsman?" Felix asked as Bruce sighed and put his sharpening stone down. "Should have known that was coming. Yeah, he was." Bruce said. "Well sorry, it's just... well how could I not talk about him!? The guy is a freaking legend!" Felix said with his arms in the air.

Felix then turns back to his locker and shuts it. "Your brother is so famous when tales of his legends spread across Remnant thousand more people joined the academies. It was like he was the poster boy for professional Huntsman or Huntress! And if you are his brother then you definitely are going to have no new problems here!" Felix said, smiling remembering all the tales he heard when he was seven.

Bruce sighs, making Felix's smile dimmer and turning to look of confusion as he looks at his friend. "Yeah, when people keep on saying how awesome he was or comparing me to my brother they always expect the best out of me." Bruce sighed.

"And what's wrong with that? Isn't it great to be thought of as one serious badass?" Felix asked. "Yeah people do expect that from you, but imagine how they feel when they see you mess up or make a mistake they thought you could handle, but fail just as much as them. With them staring at you alone like that makes you feel like a great disappointment. Like you don't matter or going to measure up to anything great. Thus making you have to work twice as hard until you are as perfect as people expect you are." Bruce said.

Felix then frowns and looks down. "Sorry I didn't know." Felix said. "Yeah, part of the reason I even wanted to come here to Beacon was to show people that I wasn't a younger version of my older brother. To show them that I am my own person. I was enjoying people not knowing my famous brother as long as it lasted, but it looks like that window is closed. Now everyone is probably going to want to be my partner just because of my family ties." Bruce said. "Oh come on now, I doubt people are going to just come up to you and say how great you are and say that you and them should be partners." Felix said, trying to cheer his friend up.

Just as he says this the boys then hear footsteps leading up to them causing them to look and see Weiss Schnee walking towards them giving them a smile. "Hello Bruce Kingsman, I am here to say that I am here to apologize to you. And I want us to have another chance to introduce ourselves so we can hopefully get along together in the future." Weiss said, extending her hand out to him.