Prologue

Speaking/narrating

Acting

3rd Pov

Narrator: Midoriya.

This is Berk. It's twelve days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death.

 My village. In a word, sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations, but, every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets.

 The only problems are the pests. You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have...

Midoriya saw a monstrous nightmare and quickly closed the door to his house.

-Dragons...., he said, catching his breath.

Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings. We have, stubbornness issues. My name's Izuku. Great name, I know. But, it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming Viking demeanour wouldn't do that.

Midoriya tripped and fell backwards.

-AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!! Mornin'! , Aizawa said, passing over Izuku.

-Get back inside!, masaru said, passing by Izuku.

-What are you doing out?! , said Hizashi battling a gronckle.

-Izuku? What is he doing outside agaa- What are you doing out?! Get back inside!, Said Inko pushing him forward.

That's Inko the vast, the chief of the tribe. They say when she was a baby, she broke the head off of a dragon's body. Do I believe it? Yes... Yes, I do.

-What do we have?, Inko asked

-Gronckles, zipplebacks, nadders, oh and Aizawa saw a monstrous nightmare. , Hizashi said.

-Any night furies? , Inko asked, looking at him.

-None so far, He responded

-Good, Inko said

-Lift the torches! , said Aizawa, lighting up a torch.

Izuku makes it to the blacksmith shop and puts on an apron.

-Nice of you to join the party! I thought you'd been carried off! , Mitsuki said.

-What, who me? Nah, come on! I'm waaaay too muscular for their taste. They wouldn't know what to do with all...this. , Izuku said, pointing to himself.

-Well, they need toothpicks, don't they? , Mitsuki said.

The woman with an attitude and interchangeable hands is Mitsuki. Iv'e been her apprentice since I was little.... well, littler.

Inko was now at the watchtower.

-We move to the lower defences. We'll counter-attack with the catapults. , She said, before a dragon swoops down and sets another house on fire.

See. Old village, new houses.

-FIRE, screamed Sekijiro.

-Alright, let's go! , said Bakugou.

Oh, and that's Tenya, Kaminari, the twins Hanta and Mina and... Kacchan. Their job is so much cooler!

Midoriya leaned on the window watching the group put out the fire until Mitsuki grabbed him with her hook and pulled him back in.

-Oh come on! Let me out, please! I need to make my mark. , Izuku said, looking at Mitsuki.

-Oh, you've made plenty of marks, all in the wrong places! , She half-yelled.

-Please, two minutes. I'll kill a dragon. My life will get infinitely better. I might even get a date. , Izuku said now pleading.

-You can't lift a hammer, you can't swing an axe, you can't even throw one of these! , Mitsuki holds up a bola and a Viking grabs it and uses it to bring down a dragon

-ok, fine, but this will throw it for me! , Izuku pats a wooden machine that triggers open and throws a random bola at a viking.

-See! Now, this right here is what I'm talking about! , Mitsuki said.

-Mild calibration issue--, Izuku started

-Don't you-- no-- Izuku. If you ever want to get out there to fight dragons, you need to stop all... this. , Mitsuki said, pointing to the boy.

-But, you just pointed to all of me! , He replied

-Yes! That's it! Stop being all of you! , she said.

-Ohhhh..., Izuku said

-Ohhhh, yes. , Mitsuki replied

-You, ma'am, are playing a dangerous game. Keeping this much, raw... Viking-ness... contained? THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES! , Izuku said, trying to convince the lady.

-I'll take my chances. Sword. Sharpen. Now. , she said

One day, I'll get out there. Because, killing a dragon is everything around here.

A Nadder head is sure to get me at least noticed. Gronckles are tough, taking down one of those would definitely get me a boyfriend. A Zippleback? Exotic. Two heads, twice the status.

-They found the sheep! , ectoplasm said.

-Concentrate the fire on the lower bank! , Inko said

And then, there's the Monstrous Nightmare. Only the best Vikings go after those. They have this nasty habit of setting themselves on fire.

A monstrous nightmare sets itself on fire and climbs the watchtower where Inko stood.

-Reload! I'll take care of this. , she said, as she hit the beast with a hammer.

But the ultimate prize is the dragon no one has ever seen, the--

-NIGHT FURY! GET DOWN! , screamed Nemuri.

From out of nowhere, an explosion tears the watchtower apart.

-JUMP! , Inko said, jumping off the tower.

This thing never steals food, never shows itself, and... never misses. No one has ever killed a Night Fury. That's why I'm going to be the first.

-Man the fort Izuku, they need me out there, Mitsuki said 

She attaches an axe to her arm and begins to run out, but turns around at the doorway.

-Stay. Put. There. You know what I mean. , she says as she turns around and leaves the shop.