006.

JASPER CURLED HER HAIR AS SHE SUNG
to brent faiyaz in her vanity mirror. feeling her phone buzz against the wood material of her dresser table, the girl dropped the hot iron and picked it up. she had a message notification from snapchat.

vinnie is typing...

vinnie |
you going to
school today?

jasper furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. why did reggie's older brother care she was coming to school or not? flicking her thumbs against one another in concentration, jasper thought about her answer. should she tell him? why did it matter?

jasper is typing...

jasper |
yeah.

jasper |
why?

vinnie |
reggie thinks i
should give u
a ride since he
isnt coming.

jasper |
i haven't gotten
a text from him ?

vinnie |
yeah he's still
knocked.

vinnie |
so get dressed,
i'm coming to
get you.

jasper |
i don't remember
saying yes 🙄.

vinnie |
mhm, well i
don't take no
for an answer.

jasper raised her eyebrows in surprise. where was all this sudden energy coming from?

jasper |
be here in 15
minutes.

vinnie |
bet.

jasper couldn't help but stare into thin air. she was completely in shock and confusion as to what had just happened. for the last five and a half years vinnie had been nothing but an asshole to her. so for him to text her as if they were friends out of the blue was a questioning moment for her.

the girl tried not to think about it too much before she continued getting ready for school. it was gonna be weird for her to be there without reggie; the two were literally peas in a pod. if one stayed home in advance, the other did too. if one skipped, so did the other. they were like bonnie and clyde minus the sexual relationship.

jasper grabbed her clear lipgloss and began spreading it around her full lips before she adjusted her scarf around her head. just as she checked herself in the mirror, the girl took a quick picture to send to reggie before her phone buzzed.

vinnie hacker is typing...

vinnie |
im outside.

jasper |
okay.

"see you later mom! hacker's dropping me off!" jasper yelled to her mother as she eagerly grabbed her school bag from the corner of the living room.

"have a good day! tell him i said hello!" jasper quickly left her home. her mother was aware of her relationship with reggie and knew that they always walked to school together so she didn't bother to say anything else.