Wake Up

Olivia decided it was best to sleep in Julie's room last night. She wanted to be there for her after what she had heard. Though, it was supposed to be comforting, she got about an hour of sleep. She kept thinking about the band, and the fact that they were ghosts, and that she could actually see them. This was some freaky shit, like 'American Horror Story,' but 'Disney Channel' version.

      She had finally made it to sleep around four in the morning, but that literally gave her two and half hours of sleep. Not very much to get her through the day. Her eyes squinted open as she heard something in her ear. It wasn't an alarm... but someone singing!

Olivia jolted up, sort of regretting it because her back let out a loud crack. She jolted her eyes to the side realizing Julie wasn't there. "No way!" She said excitedly, throwing the covers off and stumbling out the room to the spare one.

       She quickly threw on some black cargo pants, a white cropped tank, and her usual oversized black zip-up. She slid her feet into her converse, and grabbed her chains for her pants and shoved them into her back pack as she flew from the room. Her long, brown hair flopping around messily from not being brushed.

       She practically jumped all the steps and ran to the studio, skidding to a stop. Her heart was hammering in her chest, and her lips parted as she moved slowly towards the garage. Julie's voice was exploding from inside, and it sounded so beautiful. Olivia was kicking herself for forgetting how truly amazing she was.

      "Wake up, wake up, if it's all you do! Look out, look inside of you! It's not what you lost, but what you gain, raising your voice in the rain!

      "Wake up, your dream, and make it true! Look out, look inside of you! It's not what you lost, relight that spark dying to come out of the dark! Wake up! Wake up..."

      Olivia hadn't even realized that she was standing directly outside the door with her head rested against it. The door next to her somehow moved open slightly, and she jolted up. Her eyes flicked up to the sky, and she smiled warmly to herself before moving towards the door and slipping inside. She hadn't told Julie, but she had already read through that song. Sometimes she would sneak out to the studio and just sit there, at the grand piano.

       "Life can be a mess; I won't let it cloud my mind. I let my fingers fly." Olivia joined in, and Julie smiled up at her. She motioned for her to join her at the bench. Olivia nodded, walking over and sitting down next to Julie. The two girls looked at each other as they sang on, smiling and reminiscing on the past. The tears pricked at Olivia's eyes, and she could see Julie's glaze over. Olivia brought her hands to the piano, playing along with Julie as they stood up together.

      "So, wake that spirit, spirit! I wanna hear it, hear it!

      "No need to fear it you're not alone! You're gonna find your way oh!"

      Their voices blended so well together, and their fingers moved in sync as they played. It was moments like these that the girls remembered why music was so important to them. It was something that brought them together.

     As they played their last note, Olivia let out a laugh as she looked over at Julie with tears streaming down her face. Her nose and eyes red. Julie laughed too as she pulled her into a hug, and the two cried together. 

"I love you Jules."

"I love you too, Liv."

     As they let go of each other, they noticed Flynn walking in with a glum expression and tear stains. She paused as she saw the two on the bench, but continued on towards the piano. "We need to talk." She said to Julie, leaning against the wood.

     "Are you okay?" Julie asked, tilting her head at her. "No, I'm not okay! You just got kicked from music!" Flynn freaked. Olivia nodded at her. "She's right."

     "I might have drank seven sodas thinking about what to say to you, but I need to say this." Flynn went on. Julie put her hands out in attempt to stop her, but Flynn shook her head.

     "You can't give up music! Your music's like a gift, that would be a tragedy. So, you're basically- like- cancelling Christmas, and I love Christmas!" She rambled, emphasizing her last words. Olivia laughed, shaking her head. "Flynn, I-" Julie attempted again, but Flynn stopped her again. Olivia raised a brow at her, standing from the bench.

     "Stop, stop, stop. Julie's got something to confess." She said, calming the flustered Flynn. Julie nodded in 'thanks' as she stood up. She cleared her throat, looking Flynn right in the eye. "I just played the piano and sang again." She confessed. Flynn's eyes widened as she looked from Julie, to the piano, to Olivia.

      "What? Why didn't you just say so?" Flynn shook her head, making Olivia and Julie exchange looks. "I think your seven sodas did a double take." Olivia raised her brows as she picked her back pack up. "I'm so happy for you!" Flynn said, ignoring her comment. Flynn pulled Julie into a quick hug before releasing. "Now our friendship won't sink like the 'Titanic.'" The three all laughed, as they began to walk towards the doors.

     "Next step, telling Mrs. Harrison. If she doesn't let you back in-" Olivia began but Julie cut her off. "We'll see, alright?" She questioned, looking between both of them as she scooped her bag off the chair close to the door. "Alright." Olivia and Flynn said in unison as they pushed open the garage door.

     Olivia's eyes immediately fell upon the three ghost boys leaning awkwardly against the door. She bit her lip to hide her smile as she followed Flynn all the way out. "Nice hair." Luke grinned. Her eyes widened as she remembered she had just run out the house in five minutes. She quickly brushed her fingers through it, and grimaced at him.

     "Oh hey!" Julie accidentally said, and Flynn turned back. Olivia sighed, shoving her hands in her pockets as she walked backwards to look at the guys. "Uh- we'd better hurry!" Julie corrected her mistake, running past Olivia to catch up to Flynn.

      Olivia made sure Julie was far enough away before looking to the boys. "Next time you eavesdrop, be a little less obvious. Take it from an expert." She winked, and the boys' mouths fell open. She smiled as she turned on her heels and walked towards the girls. Julie was now waving at them, and she shook her head as Flynn turned to look at her with a raised brow. Julie quickly played it off once again, throwing in a 'let's go!' as she pushed Flynn towards the gate.

      Olivia turned her head ever so slightly to look at the boys, and she gave them a little salute before she hurried after Julie and Flynn. It seemed she was the best at not getting caught talking to herself.

*Hi! I would love some feedback on my story, if anyone would like to comment that would be amazing!!