Mission Impossible

Olivia sat down at her desk after school, curling her legs up in her chair. Julie had asked if she wanted to go out to the studio with the boys, but she said no. She needed to find a way to get rid of her feelings for Luke. The only hope in that, was to completely ignore him. Well, sort of ignore him. She couldn't make it obvious.

Another way that always helped was writing her feelings out. In song. By expressing the way, she felt in some way, it made her feel a lot freer.

Olivia grabbed her notebook and pen, flipping it open to the next open page. She tapped the pen against the table, listening the clicking sound over and over again as she thought about what to write. How did she feel about him?

She had never written a 'romantic' feeling, song. They were mostly about her home-life, and being alone as a child. Sad, right? Where would she even begin with this?

Her cheek rested against her palm as she stared at the polaroids taped to her wall. She smiled at the ones of her, Julie, and Flynn. Then her smile faltered at the one of her and Julie's mom when she was ten. It was the day Julie's mom said that she could stay at her house whenever she wanted.

She remembered that day so vividly. She remembered the way she cried. She remembered the way it felt, for the first time, knowing she had a loving household to go home to. She remembered Julie's mom helping her move her stuff in. She remembered every little thing like it was yesterday. Julie's mom was the only person who knew about the problem to its full. Now, it's even worse, and everyday she wishes she could talk to her about it.

Though her mind had slightly wandered, the picture gave Olivia an idea of what to write down. She needed vivid details about what she liked about him first, and then she could put it to music...

•••••••••••

Olivia tilted her head as she looked around the vast, empty space. It was complete white nothingness from all the directions she looked. Her brows furrowed as turned in a circle, as if that would help.

It actually did, because her eyes landed on a random set of curtains a couple feet from her. Olivia walked towards them, glancing suspiciously behind herself. What was going on?

She brushed her hair behind her ear as she moved one side of the curtains aside, moving slowly into the darkness. Her eyes traced around the hall that was past the curtains; then a sudden flash of light jolted her gaze forward.

As the light died down, Olivia could see a room ahead. There was a railing, and then just past it, she could see a wall with beautiful gold sculpting and detailing. Her eyes narrowed as she moved closer and closer, until she was standing on the platform before the railing.

Her eyes widened, and her mouth gaped at the extravagant ball room in front of her. The walls led up to a high, arched ceiling with intricate sculpting details around the edges. Hanging from the center had to be the biggest chandelier she had ever seen. It lit the slick floor below with its bright candle light.

Olivia shook her head as she rest her hands onto the marble railing. "What is happening?" She breathed out, unable to close her mouth. As her eyes looked down, she finally noticed she was no longer wearing her black cargos.

She backed away from the railing, gently picking up the flowy skirt of the red ball gown she was wearing. The sparkles in the sheer fabric reflecting the light from the chandelier. Her eyes trace up to the waist line, where the dress sucked her in; perking up the boobs she did have. The sleeves, running slightly over her shoulders. She could feel her long hair against her back, tapping lightly as she moved.

Olivia kicked her foot to the side, shaking her head at the sparkly heels hidden under her dress. She laughed, hiding them underneath again and dropping the dress back down to the floor.