Prepareth a Spell

Mal's POV:

After tourney practice, the boys came to our room. "Yo-ho-ho!" Jay cried as he entered.

Thea looked up and frowned. She put headphones in, trying to ignore us. She was doing homework like the good girl she was.

"Hey!" Carlos greeted.

"Did your plan work with Jane? Are you going over to see the wand?"

I glared at him. "Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book if I hadn't completely struck out?"

Jay winced slightly. "Oh, someone's in a bad mood."

"My mom's counting on me! I can't let her down!" I hit the back of Carlos' head.

Jay looked at me. "We can do this... if we stick together."

I smiled. "And we won't go back until we do. Because we're rotten..."

We all placed our hands in the middle. "To the core."

"And you're all loud and annoying!" Thea spat.

After a moment, Evie said, "Oh, yeah. I found out that Fairy Godmother blesses Ben with the wand at coronation and we all get to go." We all looked up at her. "I have nothing to wear, of course." There was a knock on the door. "What?"

I stopped her. "Hold that thought."

I opened it to reveal Ben and Alek. They smiled and Ben said, "Hey, Mal. I didn't see you guys today. We were just wondering if you had any questions or anything... That... you needed..."

I glanced back at my friends and they shook their heads. "Not that I know of."

Ben nodded. "Okay. All right. Well, uh, if you need anything, just, uh..."

They started to leave and I stopped them. "Oh, wait! Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?"

"Yeah, the whole school goes."

I smirked. "Wow. That is beyond exciting. Do you think that it's a possibility that the five of us could stand in the front row next to the Fairy Godmother, just so we could soak up all that goodness?"

"Five?" Thea repeated, probably not as quiet as she thought.

Ben offered her a small smile. "I wish you could. Up front it's just me, my folks, and my girlfriend."

"And your girlfriend?" I questioned.

"Yeah. I'm sorry."

"Okay. Thanks, bye." I started closing the door in Ben's face.

"Oh, but, no, there's plenty of..." Ben was cut off.

I closed the door in his face. "I think it's time that Bennyboo got himself a new girlfriend. And I need a love spell." Carlos tossed me the spellbook.

Thea narrowed her eyes. "Don't do this."

I ignored her and smirked, already getting an idea.

That evening, we made our way to the kitchen to create a love spell cookie.

I opened up the book and we started preparing the cookie batter. When it was almost ready I said, "All right. It says that we still need one tear, and I never cry."

Carlos shrugged. "Let's just chop up some onions."

I shook my head. "No. It says that we need one tear of human sadness. And this love potion gets the best review, so we have to follow it exactly."