The First Proclamation

(There will be numerous POV switches throughout the chapters. If you're not into that kind of thing, I do apologize.

And, perhaps excluding one song in book 3, I won't be writing out the song lyrics. That has yet to be determined, though.

Welcome to a long-awaited, long-debated Descendants story!)

Thea's POV:

I wandered the halls of Auradon Prep and my best friend since before I can remember grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

"I have to get fitted for an outfit and I have something I want you to hear," Ben said.

"Can it wait? I was sort of in the middle of something."

"Don't tell me you were stalking Ariel and Eric's son again."

"It's not stalking! I was seeing what Aleksandar was doing. Besides; Melody told me where to find him."

"That's still stalking, Thea. Now, come on. My parents are waiting. Rumor is they want to fit you in a dress as well. Your mother's request."

"Do I have to?"

"Yes. Come on."

We made our way into another room and began getting fitted for outfits.

Queen Belle gestured to my dress. It was a lacy green dress. She smiled. "How do you like it, Thea?"

I fingered the dress and returned her smile. "It's perfect."

The tailors worked tirelessly in silence until they were nearly done.

Ben stared out the window at the Isle of the Lost. I'd always wondered what it was like there, having no magic or much of anything.

"Sleeve," Ben's tailor said. "Head. Ah-ha!"

King Beast looked at his son. "How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby."

"He's turning 16, dear," Queen Belle reminded him.

"Hey, pops," Ben called.

"Gosh!" King Beast exclaimed. "16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."

Queen Belle frowned. "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28."

"Ah, it was either you or a teapot. Kidding. I'm only kidding."

I started giggling and soon lurched forward, causing my tailor to frown. "Princess Thea, you must stand straight!"

I did as instructed, once again staring at the Isle of the Lost.

"Mom, Dad..." Ben called again.

His tailor frowned and let out a protest. "Ah! Nn-nnh!"

"I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon. Every time Thea and I look out to the island, we feel like they've been abandoned."

King Beast's eyes widened. "The children of our sworn enemies? Living among us?"

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them and Thea approves of my selection."

"Have you? Thea's approval doesn't mean much."

"It does to me, Dad. She's my friend."

Queen Belle smiled. "I gave you a chance. Who are their parents?"