Cake Testing

"Ni, get up." You said, kissing his forehead. His eyes slowly fluttered open, revealing his stunning blue eyes. "Mourning Princess, what time is it?" Niall, said trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes. "Ummm...6:30" you said, glancing at the alarm clock. " 6:30, why are we up at 6:30?" Niall asked, looking at you confused. "Today's cake testing day!" You said, grinning at him, excited for the day ahead.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this day ,Princess." Niall said getting up out of bed, and changing out of his pajamas. You just laughed and did the same.

After that you headed downstairs. "Hey Ni! Do you want me to make breakfast?" You asked, yelling up the stairs. "Nah, cake will do." Niall said, grinning at you, now at the bottom of the stairs. "Haha! Okay, now let's get going." You said walking outside to the car.

Once you and Niall had arrived at the bakery, Niall quickly got out, so he could open the door for you.
"Thank-you." You said, grabbing his hand to help you out.
"Anything for my princess." He said, smiling at you, but not before giving you a passionate kiss.

You walked over to that bakery, and looked at the sky. It was the middle of July, and you and Niall were getting married in early October. The days were going by faster than you thought they would, and it made you sad just thinking about it, but you were cheered up instantly when you walked into the sweet smelling store.

"Hello, we scheduled a cake testing appointment under the name of Horan."you said to the plump counter lady. "Of course, I'll be right back!" She said putting on a huge smile and walking away.
"You scheduled the appointment under Horan instead of Y/L/N." Niall said, a big grin on his face.
"Well, I'm going to be a Horan soon anyways, might as well start practicing." You said, smiling back at him, excited for when you could truly be Mrs. Horan.

A different lady came back this time. She had her light brown hair pulled in a bun, and a heart shaped face around her green eyes. She had some flour on her face and hands and she looked really tired.

"Hello, you must be Mr. and Mrs. Horan? She asked, giving you a smile and scribbling something on her clipboard.
"Yep, that's us." Niall said, giving your hand a little squeeze.
"Well, nice to meet you both! I'm Deb." She said, holding her hand out and shaking both yours and Niall's.

"If you can just follow me right this way we can get started." She said, with a smile, and escorted you to a room in the back. She sat you and Niall down, and after about 10 flavors, Niall still had no idea what he wanted. You really like the cherry, but Niall... Not so much.
"Ni, we can always have a different flavor for each layer." You said, laughing as he spoon fed you a piece of red velvet.
"Really? That makes this SO much easier!" Niall said, laughing along with you.
"Which three do you like best?" Deb asked, taking out a sheet of paper to write down the flavors.
"Umm.. Red velvet, lemon, and angel food cake." Niall said confidently.

You had decided to let Niall choose all the flavors since food was his specialty, and you were deciding a lot of the other things for the wedding.
"Okay, so is that what you want for the three layers?" Deb asked, relieved that you two were finally done.
"Yes." You replied, nodding.
"Sounds good, we'll get this cake done before the wedding then." She said, smiling then leaving the room.

"Do you think she got annoyed by us?" Niall laughed, as you walked outside.
"Yeah, but it was worth it." You laughed back, knowing that this would be a day you'll remember for a long while.

(Wedding cake pic on side)