Asking Your Parents Permission

His POV
Y/N= your name
Y/L/N= your last name
Y/M/N= your moms name
Y/D/N= your Dad's name
Y/B/F/N= your best friends name

    Y/N was out with Y/B/F/N and her sister today. They decided to have a girls night tonight. They've been planning it for weeks.
     I remember this morning watching her put her earrings on, watching herself in the mirror and wearing in and the dress that hugged her in all the right places, thinking to myself, I'm going to marry her. To be perfectly honest I was shaking.
    Y/N and I have been dating for about 3 years now. God, do the times fly. It seems like we've been together forever but not long enough at the same time. After some thought, I decided it was time we become engaged. I love her more than anything, despite the arguments from time to time, we'll still last, and I'll still always love her.

    She means the world to me, and I wanna spend the rest of my life with her. Right now I'm in the car driving over to her parents house. I knew that Y/N is more traditional, so I'm going to ask her Dad's permission.

    I pulled up into the driveway, and took in a shaky breath before walking up to the house.

   I took in one last deep breath and knocked on the door. It was early spring, so it was a little chilly. The door opened, and the warmness from the house flooded me as I saw Y/M/N standing at the door, a big smile on plastered on her face.
   "Hi Niall, what brings you here? Is Y/N okay?" She asked.
   "Yeah, she's fine. I was wondering if I could talk to Y/D/N." I said, starting to get nervous.
   " of course. He's in the living room, you know where it is." She said walking back over to the counter to finish cutting up carrots.

   I walked into the living to find her Dad watching football.
    " Hey Niall!" her Dad said, walking over and shaking my hand.
   "Hi, umm.. Can we sit down and talk for a sec?" I asked, rubbing my sweaty palms together.
"Sure, son." he said, sitting down on the couch as I sat down beside him.

   "So, as you know Y/N and I have been dating for a little over two years now, and she means the world to me. I don't know what I would do without her. When I first began my relationship with her I remember I promised you that I would never hurt her, and keep her safe, and so far I've kept up on that promise, and I plan on keeping it until the day I die. What I'm asking is, would I be able to have your blessing in having your daughter's hand in marriage?"

   I asked, looking up at him hoping he would give me the blessing.
"Of course. When I see you two together she seems like the happiest person in the world, both of you do. Therefor, you have my blessing." her father said, looking me in the eye.
   "Thank-you so much Mr. Y/L/N, I promise I'll keep her safe." I said, shaking her Dad's hand once again.
" I know you will, and call me Y/D/N."

   All the way home I had a smile plastered on my face, because soon Y/N would be mine forever.

A/N: sorry about that last sentence , it sounds kinda creepy, don't ya think?