ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙- 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪

"C-c-cold. So cold."

That's all I remember thinking before I fell unconscious.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"Aaaughh!!" I gasped. I frantically looked around, taking in my surroundings. I was in some kind of... igloo? It was then that the bitter sting of cold processed in my body.

Finally, I noticed there was someone a couple of feet away. She had her back turned and seemed to be working on something.

"Excuse me, uh, what happened?" I said hoarsely.

She turned around and put a sheet of... something... on my legs.

"You need to rest. Some little boys found you covered in snow." She shook her head. Realizing I was sitting up, I gingerly lied back down.

"What?" I said tiredly, "Snow? But it's October..."

The lady raised an eyebrow. "Did you hit your head?"

"I don't think so."

"What is your name?"

"Uh, I'm Dora. How about you?"

"My name is Ayano," she said, "Now where do you live?"

"Somerville," I said casually.

"Somerville...? Where is that?"

"So... I'm not in New Jersey?" I asked with confusion.

"You're in the South Pole."

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"Where have I heard this story before? I know what the fire nation is. I know what the Avatar is. He's that bald kid with an arrow." I thought out loud. 

Avatar: The Last Airbender was a show I had heard about many times, but I had never watched it. All I knew was that it involved a kid with an arrow trying to save the world (this takes place a few months before I started watching the show when it came out on netflix).

"Wow, you must have really hit your head. What do you know about this kid with an arrow?"

A girl named Katara was tending to my wounds. She was what she called a waterbender, so she was basically the most useful person in the whole village. I watched in awe as she made water from a bowl rise into a ball of liquid.

"I don't know much... but how in the world are you doing that?" I said in shock.

She handed me the bowl. "You can try. Who knows? Maybe you're a waterbender."

I carefully took the bowl an set in in one hand. With the other one, I put it out just like Katara had done. "Now what?"

"Well, it usually just comes naturally. Try moving it." She suggested.

I squeezed my eyes shut and put all my energy into my hand that was trying to move the water around. I opened them, and the water hadn't moved at all.

"Eh," I shrugged. Although deep down, I really wished I was a waterbender.

"That's okay," she shrugged, "maybe you'd be able to bend one of the other elements."