7: Host

Host: A group of angels

"I think that's enough information for one day." Dr Hemsworth asserts, getting to her feet, as if nothing happened.

I think about asking if she's okay, but for some reason I think she wouldn't like that. I stand, leaving the blanket in the chair.

She walks me to the door with a tight smile, closing it behind me briskly.

Outside of Dr. Hemsworth's office I pause, unsure of what to do next.

A door, Janine said was a shower, opens and Miguel walks out wearing nothing but a towel. I stare in absolute shock and awe. His tan skin glistens with the remaining water from the shower. His abundant muscles ripple as he moves. When my eyes finally get to his face, he is leering at me mockingly.

"Hey, slack jaw. You better shower before Janine comes back around." He scoffs, knocking me out of my reverie.

"Well, you better put some clothes on, you pervert!" I shoot back.

"I just came out of the shower. And I'm the pervert? You were the one thinking about licking the droplets of water from my abs." He retorts, immediately going from mocking to annoyed.

"You could bring your clothes with you. And stay out of my head!" I counter, walking toward my room.

"I don't like them to get wet." He demands, pouting because he knows he's wrong.

"Nah, you're just a pervert." Kali disagrees, walking out of our room.

I gesture at her, glaring at him.

"That's not the same. She can teleport in and out of the shower." He demands, indignantly.

Sasuke walks out of the shower, fully dressed, in that moment and I have to laugh at the timing and the look on Miguel's face.

"Come on, man. Aren't your clothes wet?" Miguel whines.

"Put some clothes on man." Thomas complains in disgust, blocking his view of Miguel with his hand.

"Hey. Don't you start on me. Don't think I didn't hear you and Kali last night." Miguel yells over his shoulder, stomping off to his room.

A shower sounds really nice. I grab a change of clothes and a towel from my cupboard and run to the shower, looking around nervously for any sign of Janine. The hot water feels amazing, washing my hair even better. At least here surrounded by others like me I'm rendered inert.

'My clothes are a little damp.' I observe with a snort.

I freeze, my hand, hovering just above the doorknob. It's like I can sense danger, or I'm just becoming incredibly paranoid. Why can't I control this stupid teleportation thing? I close my eyes and think about the cafeteria where I'm pretty sure everyone is because my stomach is rumbling. This is how I got to my room yesterday, right? So, if I just focus on it really hard maybe, just maybe, it will work.

"Are you having some kind of fit?" I hear Miguel's smooth but somehow grating voice mocking me once again.

It worked. I can't help but do a little excited dance. I skip over to the food table and start piling my tray sky high.

"You did it. Great job." Sasuke congratulates, coming over to the refreshments table as well.

"Thanks." I reply, grinning over at him. He beams back. I hustle to the table and start scarfing down my food.

"Slow down there or you'll choke." Miguel chortles. He is so annoying. If he hates me so much, why won't he just leave me alone?

"Now you're one of us. You don't have to worry about getting shot anymore, like these bozos." Kali taunts, laughing at her own insult.