A Bad Example

|=====|=====|

TW/CW: N/A

Prompt: N/A

Characters: Xanus, Cyrus, Slayter

Style: Fluff/crack

Word Count: ~470

AU: Mortuus AU

|=====|=====|

It was a calm day on the Hermitcraft server. In the overworld at least.

Down in an isolated corner of the Nether, Xanus, Slayter and Cyrus were trying to build their new base. They had grown tired of living in a hole in the wall. It was always dark in there plus, it always seemed too small no matter how big they dug it out. It had taken them weeks to plan out the base. Then it had taken them another few weeks to get the resources that they thought they would need. They knew that it would take them ages to build their base, even with the three of them working on it, but it didn't affect them. They were willing to do whatever they needed to. For once in their lives, they were excited to build something together.

They were going to build a castle. It was planned to be a huge, ruined thing made primarily from dark oak and nether bricks. It would look magnificent once it was complete. The interior was going to be more dungeon like, with lots of traps and misleading rooms. Xanus and Cyrus had left the terraforming planning to Slayter, who was just as good at it as his brother. There would be many mistakes made on the build and they would probably have to redesign many parts of it, but they didn't care. After all, they were just there to have fun.

They were nearly finished on the giant foundation which would support the build when Xan noticed something,

"...Wasn't this bit meant to be 100 blocks deep?"

"Yeah... OI CY, GET OVER HERE!!" Cyrus stepped out of the hole in the wall that they were keeping the resources in and looked at Slayter with a bored expression,

"What do you idiots want now?"

"I think-" Slayter started before Xanus butted in with,

"You marked the damn build out wrong!" Cyrus walked over to them and quickly counted out the blocks and, to no one's surprise, found that it had only marked out 75 blocks. It chuckled to itself as it started marking out the extra blocks,

"I can't believe i messed it up! I'm so useless!"

"No you're not! You're more useful than Xan anyway!" Slayter joked earning him a death glare from Xanus and a chuckle from Cyrus as they worked on the extra section of the castle

"Yeah!" Xanus added sarcastically, "You can be used as a bad example!" Cyrus glared at them as it joined them in building the extra part they had missed. It smiled to itself, it knew that there would be many more moments like this over the course of the massive project. It would make sure that it never missed a single one of them. No matter what it took.

|=====|=====|

I hope that you enjoyed this oneshot! Until the next time, bye! ~Mors