Some Much Needed Comfort And Support In This Difficult Period

asuugarbooklover said to trickstermiraculous: Can you do a marichat friendship post? Please?

Author's Note: Very very short but I hope it's good enough.

As Ladybug, Marinette could never get close to Chat Noir without him thinking she was reciprocating his feelings but as Marinette, she could. Marinette knew that lately, he had been getting better with him admitting to her that she was trying to move on from Ladybug but his feelings and the awkwardness were still there, she could see it so she knew that hanging out as Ladybug wasn't an option yet.

As Marinette, she hung out with him whenever she didn't have patrol or just had some simple free time and he didn't have patrol but was out to clear his head as well as to escape the suffocation that was his home life. It was fun and comforting to hang out with him more than it was her with her civilian friends. As while she had fun hanging out with her friends.

Lately, it had become more and more about how she should ask Adrien out already, even though they knew she had bad anxiety about that or how she needs to get along with that lair, Lila Rossi. To which she knew that they knew, that was never gonna happen, EVER.

Being friends with him as Marinette was refreshing and calming especially with his jokes and playful attitude and actually trusting her to talk about his issues since she could never do that as ladybug what with his constant need to put a mask on for Ladybug as she knew that he didn't want to be seen as a failure in from of her superhero persona no matter how much she made sure to protest that she or Ladybug would ever see him as such.

Chat Noir also listen whenever she had troubles even though she admittedly was a hypocrite knowing that she also put on a mask in front of him when it came to her troubles but lately he was breaking down that mask and lately she was the only comfort she was getting from anyone.

And lately, Marinette had been thinking...with all these problems and no support expect for him and even then it was still behind masks. Maybe..maybe she should tell him as it was clear to her they need each other now more than they ever had before, screw the rules that Master Fu had set for them, SHE WAS THE GUARDIAN NOW, NOT HIM.

Author's Note: I started this around 23:45 on 16th October because I wanted to get something out by then but as you can see that did not happen since it is now 17th October.

I didn't have much of an idea for this chapter and it doesn't really have salt in it but I hope it's an ok read even if it's a bit rushed.