Chapter Fourty Two

"You ready to go, Dyl?" Callum asked from behind my door.

"Wouldn't you like to know." Amy scoffed, as she applied setting spray to my face.

"I'll be out in a second!" I yelled out to him.

Tonight was the my debut as an official member of the Black Women In Society Organization. I asked Amy to do my makeup for tonight since she had done such a great job on my birthday and Halloween.

Callum was driving her and I to the hotel where the event was being held. My father, his wife, and her daughter already went ahead of us; while my grandparents had gone earlier to greet guest. Everyone was going to be there tonight to see me come out, Callum's family, Hector, and my cousins Nessa and Marcus.

I was kind of nervous about everyone meeting each other for the first time, especially my cousins meeting my father and grandparents. Luckily I wasn't going to witness any of it, as I wouldn't be sitting near them at the ball.

A year ago I would have never imagined that I would be doing something like this, or imagine that so many people were going to be there to support me. My life has changed so drastically since then, and I was grateful for it.

"Okay, I'm done." Amy grinned, spinning my chair around to the mirror.

I smiled at my reflection. "God Amy, you sure do know how to make a girl feel beautiful."

"Oh shut up, you always look gorgeous." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Well thank you." I said, giving her a hug.

She shook herself out of my arms. "Ugh, you know I hate all that mushy stuff."

I laughed as I picked up my bag and put it on my shoulder.

"Go put your dress on, Callum and I will be waiting for you downstairs." I said to her.

I wasn't wearing my gown until I got to the ball. Apparently all of the girls had to get dressed together for some reason that was beyond me. The very white dress that I would be wearing wasn't even the worst part of the outfit, I also had to wear arm length, satin, white gloves.

I took my garmet bag and heels with me as I left Amy in my bedroom to change. Callum was waiting outside of my bedroom door, leaning up against the wall.

He was wearing a dark blue suit and a white button down shirt, with the top button left undone.

"How is my boyfriend this hot?" I questioned, looking him up and down, my gaze filled with lust.

He smiled at me, looping his arms around my waist. "How is my girlfriend this beautiful? You look stunning Dylan."

He bent down to kiss me, but I held my hand in front of my face.

"Thank you, but no kissing until after the ball. I can't mess up my makeup."

"Seriously?" He groaned.

"Yes Callum, I'm sure you can go a few hours without kissing me."

"You'd think so, wouldn't you?" He muttered.

I laughed and took his hand, "Lets go, we can wait for Amy downstairs."

He lifted my arm in the air and stared ar my wrist.

"You're wearing the charm bracelet I got you."

"Yea." I smiled. "I just wanted to have a piece of you with me tonight."

He looked at me, blinking for a second. "Screw the makeup." He whispered, before planting his soft lips on mine. I indulged in the kiss, reciprocating the amount of passion that he was giving me.